Wednesday, April 07, 2021

April 7, 2021 … Seeking God’s Glory ...

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 97 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Brian Doerksen singing … Creation Calls …  poignantly singing of how God’s creation calls us to see and follow His glory. 


Seeking and seeing God's glory ...  


==============

Highlight Passage:  Exodus 40:38 [ESV] ... 

38 For the cloud of the Lord was on the tabernacle by day, and fire was in it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel throughout all their journeys. 

… God leads His people in the wilderness with a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night.      

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Exodus 40:34-38  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God leads His chosen thru the wilderness by showing His glory in the Tabernacle.      

==============         


Reference Passage: … Psalms 19:1 [ESV] … 

1 The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims His handiwork. <

  We can see the glory of God all around us, calling us to follow our Lord to eternal glory.  


Reference Passage: … Psalms 139:1-7 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

  King David sings of the glory of God seen all around us. 


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

  As Christians we must trust that God will call and lead us and not to rely on our own feelings and perceptions. 


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 1:3 [ESV] … 

He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of His nature, and He upholds the universe by the word of His power.  

  Christ shows us His glory every day and everywhere thru the glory of His creation.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Cindy Hess Kasper, AT THIS LINK   reported on President Reagan quoting the words of a WW2 pilot after the Challenger space shuttle had blown up in 1988, … saying that the Astronauts had reached out … “to touch 

the face of God.” 


And those were dramatic words to soothe a nation stunned by the Challenger disaster.  But, … the ODB author used this to show us that we need to seek and follow God, especially in times of trial or disaster or loss.  And my quiet time with God this morning and the ODB entry today caused me to realize that all I have to do is look around me to see the glory of God in His creation (hear the linked song) and then follow My Lord as He leads me to glory.   


And then, … I stopped for a moment to ponder as to when I find it easiest to feel close to God; and I decided that it was when I was walking down a beach at sunrise, which I have done many times in my past (see photo).  What about you, my friend?  As you read this today, where would you find yourself seeking and seeing God’s glory; and how about closing your eyes and going to that place right now, … knowing and trusting that God is calling you - even today - to follow Him to glory.    


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, King Jesus, … for calling me to follow You to glory today.

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to just look around and see our Lord leading us to follow His glory.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: