Wednesday, April 28, 2021

April 28, 2021 … Resting With Abba …

 <b><u>Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 118 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Kari Jobe singing … Be Still My Soul … poignantly singing of we who believe and follow Jesus as our Lord can take His invitation to rest in Him … forever!! 


Cuddling with Daddy ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 116:7  [ESV] …  

Return, <b>O my soul, to your rest;</b> for the Lord has dealt bountifully with You.   

…God, thru the Psalmist calls for His children to rest in Him. 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalm 116:1-7 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… The Psalmist shows in song how he desires to rest in the One Who saved him.  

==============              


Reference Passage: … Exodus 33:14 [ESV] … 

14 For He (God) said “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.  

  God’s promise to Moses and His children (that’s us, too!!) to follow us and give us  His rest wherever we go.     


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 26:3 [ESV] … 

14 You [LORD] keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in You.

  God’s promises His peace for all who keep our hearts/minds focused on the Lord. 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 11:28 [ESV] … 

28 Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden; and I will give you rest, … 

… No less that King Jesus, Himself, invites any who are burdened to come to Him for strength and rest.  


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 4:1-6  [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

… The author of Hebrews calls out the disobedient, i.e., the ones who cannot find rest in God’s Spirit. 

And that image is what draws me to sidle up to my Abba Father, which, if you  GO TO THIS LINK, you will see what this believer has done EVERY MORNING, journaling my quiet times with God, since 2010 (and actually before that, journaling by hand well before these posts at that blog-site online).  I’m like that little 11 YO daughter in the photo, imagining that my Abba Father desires to let me cuddle up next Him as He reads to me from His word.  It’s such a peaceful way (see Isaiah 26:3) to start my day.  


And I'm praying that all reading here will take in the Kari Jobe song and the Scriptures above, and are finding your rest, as do I, in my cuddling times each morning with my Daddy-God.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, King Jesus, … for inviting me to cuddle up and find my rest in you to start each morning with You reading to me from Your word. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to take our Lord’s invitation to rest in our Lord, today and tomorrow. … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: