Sunday, December 12, 2021

December 12, 2021 … The Right Hero …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 346 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from David Crowder and Tauren Wells singing … All My Hope … poignantly singing of how we, as disciples of Christ, must put ALL our hope in following HIS will and HIS ways thru HIS word. 


Beethoven's Third Symphony - Original Draft - Title Change ... 


==============

Highlight Passage: … 1Corinthians 2:2   [NLT] …   

For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, the one who was crucified.   

… Paul shows that he relied on nothing but His knowledge and hope in Christ to share the Lord’s truth with them.                                    

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … 1Corinthians 2:1-10 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul describes to fellow Christians what he relied upon when he brought the Gospel truth about Jesus to them (and to us).                        

==========                                              .             


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… God’s wisdom, thru Solomon, to trust and follow only the leadership of One true God.    


Reference Passage: … John 14:6 [NLT] …  

Jesus told [His disciples], “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. …”   

… Jesus declares to His disciples in the upper room that following HIM is the only way to glory. .


Reference Passage: … John 15:5 [NLT] … 

“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing 

… Again in the upper room, before His time on the cross, He charges His disciples to abide in Him ONLY to be able to be fruitful in the way they (we) live.


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:7 [NLT] …  

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.  

… Peter tells persecuted Christians to take all their [our] anxieties and cares to Jesus, … our Lord, … Who truly cares for us.        

      

My Devotional Journal:Today's Our Daily Bread author, Mart DeHaan, AT THIS LINK   writes about Beethoven, in disappointment having followed Napoleon aa a hero after Bonaparte had declared himself as “Emperor,” … even to the point of erasing the name “Bonaparte” from the composer naming his third symphony (note the eraser hole in the original symphony draft in the photo).    

 

The ODB author, in this story, is trying to show us that we must be careful in whom we put our trust as “heroes” or leaders.  And that is what Jesus was trying to get across to His disciples in the upper room the night before His unjust crucifixion (see John 14-15 above).  It’s what Paul was trying to get across to fellow Christians in the highlight passage and what the Apostle Peter wrote to persecuted Christians in 1Peter 5:7, … all quoted above. 


And I pray we all grasp what we hear in the linked song, …  doing all we can to put our hope and hero worship in our One and ONLY true hope … KING JESUS!!   He’s my only hope!! … Is He yours?                                


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, …for being and becoming my ONE and ONLY hope.      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to surrender and follow You, Lord, as our ONE AND ONLY Hope.     … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: