Tuesday, December 21, 2021

December 21, 2021 … God’s Word - Our Compass …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 355 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from the group Mercy Me singing … Word of God Speak … poignantly singing of how God’s word speaks to us and shows us the way to go in life. 


God's word - our compass in life ... 

==============

Highlight Passage: …  Psalm 119:105  [NLT] …  

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.                                  

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 119:105-112 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… King David, shows how powerful God’s truth - i.e., His word - is to show us His will and His way in life.                              

==========                                              .                


Reference Passage: … Psalms 32:8 [NLT] …  

The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. 

… God promises, thru David’s song, that He will guide us on the paths of life … when we’re willing to follow His ways thru His word


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Solomon, shows that when we trust God, He will lead us and be with us … ALWAYS. 


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 55:10-11 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Isiah, promises to give His true followers all we need in life thru the truth of His word. 


Reference Passage: … John 16:13 [NLT] …  

13 When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on His own but will tell you what He has heard. He will tell you about the future. 

… Jesus shows His disciples (and us) that He will send His Spirit to guide disciples who are willing to seek His ways thru His word.    

      

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Marvin Williams, AT THIS LINK  tells of a crew on the USS Alcoa Guide, which was sunk by a German U Boat in WW2, using the compass on board the lifeboat to guide them by leading them to the shipping lanes to be spotted and recovered by an American ship.      

 

I think every reader here with me has experienced the feeling of being lost in this confusing and darkened world.  Perhaps, in these covid days, we’ve all needed a compass (see photo) to guide us to safer waters.  And that’s exactly what God offers, in and thru His word, doesn’t He (see Scriptures above))? 


Many - who’ve followed my blogs, which I write from my seeking direction in life from God’s word - have seen me use the word picture of God’s word being a perfect/effective “GPS” system to guide us and lead us in life.  And so, I pray that you, as do I, are using God’s truth … EVERY DAY … as our compass or GPS … to guide us in following God’s way … to His will … thru His word.                            


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for Your word as our compass in this foggy, darkened, life of ours. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to use Your word, Lord, as our compass in life.     … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: