Monday, December 20, 2021

December 20, 2021 … Drop Your Blanket !! …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 354


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing … Fear Not … poignantly singing of how our God is a mighty warrior, fighting for us in the battles of life. 



==============

Highlight Passage: … Luke 2:10-11  [NLT] …  

10 … but the angel reassured them.“Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. 11 The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David! 

… God’s angel commands the Shepherds to “FEAR NOT!”                                   

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Luke 2:8-14 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Luke’s account of the night Jesus was born where an angel from God called the Shepherds in near by fields to come and see their Messiah.                              

==========                                              .                


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK

… God, thru Solomon, shows that when we trust God, He will lead us and be with us. 


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 26:3 [NLT] …  

You will keep in perfect peace, all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! 

… God, thru Isaiah, promises His peace to all who trust completely in God and keep their (our) thoughts on Him.   


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] …  

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 

… God, thru Isaiah promises to ALWAYS be with us.


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:6-7 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Paul, exhorts fellow Christians to bring our fears to God with a thankful heart; and He will give us His peace.    

      

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Anne Cetas, AT THIS LINK   uses the famous Christmas story scene in the Charlie Brown Christmas Movie where Linus, in telling the story of the birth of Jesus from Luke 2 - USE THIS LINK -  drops his little security blanket, something he always carried with him to belay his fears. And Charles Schultz, the author, was trying to show that now that we have Jesus, … our Messiah …, we need not have any more fears.     

 

And the question from this ODB entry today is immediately the same for us.   Can we - or WILL WE - believe in the message of the Luke 2 Christmas story, and the linked song, and the Scriptures above, … all which show us that we need not fear ANYTHING now that we have our Messiah, … Who came to save us and has promised to be with us ALWAYS.  


Personally, … I need to drop my security blankets [I have several].  How about you?                            

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for Your promises which help me to quell my fears. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to drop our security blankets and just follow You, Lord, … wherever You lead us.     … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: