Monday, December 27, 2021

December 27, 2021 … God’s Helping Hand …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 361 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Jeremy Camp singing … Healing Hands of God … poignantly singing of how we can rely on the healing and helping hands of God in our journey thru the trials of life. 


His helping hand ... ALWAYS there !! 


==============

Highlight Passage: …  Isaiah 41:13 [NLT] …   

13 For I hold you by your right hand— I, the Lord your God.  And I say to you,  Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.  … 

… God proclaims His promise, thru Isaiah, to restore and renew His faithful remnant in Judah.   

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Isaiah 41:8-13 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God reminds His faithful remnant of believers (that’s us too) that He will ALWAYS be there to help them in their time of need.                               

==========                                              .                


Reference Passage: … Psalm 46:1 [NLT] …  

1 God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.  

… The psalmist - from God’s inspiration - sings of God’s refuge and strength in times of weakness, fear, and trial.  


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Solomon’s wisdom, declares our need to trust and follow God’s will and ways ALWAYS for Him to lead us thru life. 


Reference Passage: … John 16:33 [NLT] …  

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”  

… Jesus lifts up His confused and fearful disciples in the upper room with the truth that He, their Lord and Messiah, had overcome the world.  So, they (and we) need not fear. 


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:13 [NLT] … 

13 For I can do everything through Christ, Who gives me strength.   <

… Paul exhorts fellow Christians [that’s us too] that they (we) can get our strength to endure thru our relationship with Christ.  

          

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Elisa Morgan, AT THIS LINK  tells of being injured and in pain after an accident with her dog, but receiving uplifting encouragement and strength when she came across the scriptures we read above as the highlight passage, … God’s promises of restoration and strength for His faithful remnant of followers when we times times of trial and fear. 


Right now, as I write this,  I’m in quite a bit of pain from a recent back surgery; and as I read the ODB entry, which is God’s truth, about His overcoming, helping, and restoring hands of care (see Reference Scriptures above) all of which bubbled up in my consciousness from my memory; giving me God’s promises of His hand and lifting me up with His strength to comfort me.  


You, my readers, may be in some pain, or a fearful trial of some kind as you read this.  But if you believe as I do, we’re in GOOD HANDS … HIS HANDS.                           


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me the strength of Your enabling grace to deal with today’s pain and trials.  


My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to believe in and seek out Your empowering grace, Lord, to deal with today’s trials.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: