Friday, December 03, 2021

December 3, 2021 … The Real Me …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 337 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Matthew West singing … Hello My Name Is … powerfully singing of how we, as born-again Christians, have a new name and identity as sons of the Living God, … King Jesus.


A Precious Child of the Living God ... 

==============

Highlight Passage: … 1John 3:1   [NLT] …   

See how very much our Father loves us, for He calls us His children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don’t recognize that we are God’s children because they don’t know Him. 

  God sees me as the son of a King, … King Jesus … today and all days.                             

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … 1John 2:28-3:10 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God reveals, thru John, that our real identity as Christians is in becoming a Child of God thru faith in King Jesus.                 

==========                                              .           


Reference Passage: … John 1:12 [NLT] …   

12 But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God. 

We who believe in Christ as Lord and King have been given the identity as children of God.  


Reference Passage: …2Corinthians 15:16-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

Paul shows fellow Christians that our old life is gone for those of us who believe in Christ as Lord.    


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [NLT] …   

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me. 

Again Paul shows that those who believe in Christ’s finished work on the cross and believe Him to be our Lord, are made new and live that new life as surrendered Christian disciples.    


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 2:9 [NLT] …   

But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for He called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light 

God, thru Peter, shows how we, who believe in Christ’s Lordship, are called to be a royal priesthood. which is our identity in Christ.    

      

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon, AT THIS LINK  tells of taking a photo of a young friend who was outfitted with a tiara (see photo), trying to show the girl that she should see herself as a child of a King … King Jesus, … who died so that she - and all of us who place our faith in Christ’s Lordship, can see ourselves as children of God.  


And I pray today that all reading here have taken in the linked song and meditated on the truth of the Scriptures above, … and we all revel in the reality of whom we have become by placing our faith in the Lordship of Christ.  


My friend, Jesus is now our King … King Jesus!!  And by our faith in His blood, shed for us, we have been made new forever and now live as children of the Living God.  I think that deserves a robust HALLELUJAH, don’tcha think?                            


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, …giving me a new identity by my faith in You, Lord, as King Jesus.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to live out our lives as children of the Living God and eternal slaves of King Jesus!    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: