Thursday, August 10, 2023

August 10, 2023 … Our God …ALWAYS There!! …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 222 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics with Lauren Daigle singing … Trust In You … Poignantly, yet, powerfully, singing of how our God is always there to provide  what we need, especially in times of trial or trouble, when we are are weak and need His strength.   


God's Sovereign Watch-care and Guidance

============        

Highlight Passage: … Isaiah 46:4 [NLT] … 

I will be your God throughout your lifetime — until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, to ALWAYS watch over and care for His chosen people even in the most dire of circumstances.                                 

                         

Highlight Passage (Context): … Isaiah 46:4-7 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… God, thru the Prophet Isaiah, promises and reminds God’s faithful believers of His sovereign saving and sustaining grace.                                                         .                     

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Solomon, promises to ALWAYS show us the way, IF we but trust in the Lord.   


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] …  

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.  

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, to His trusting and faithful remnant of believers to ALWAYS be there for them (and us).    


Reference Passage … Matthew 11:28-30 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus promises His faithful disciples and followers to ALWAYS provide them with rest and care in dealings with the circumstances of life.          


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:13, 19 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… The Apostle Paul teaches fellow Christians, many being persecuted or misled by false teaching, that we can always glean God’s strength when we are feeling weak.          

     

Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:7-10 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… The Apostle Paul gives testimony to fellow Christians, that God’s empowering grace gives trusting believers God’s power to deal with even the most painful trials in life.      

                                                                                                                                         

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt … AT THIS LINK  … related a story about a senior citizen, Joan, who was scheduled for a second, followup surgery, after her first surgery was unsuccessful.  Joan and her husband were predictably anxious for the several weeks until the scheduled surgery.  However, when they arrived and the hospital for the surgery. a caring hospital chaplain helped then, with prayer and counseling, to see that they could rely on our every caring God who promises, in His word, (see Scriptures above) to ALWAYS be with Joan and her husband, no matter what they (or we) face in life.              


And right now, God’s is doing HIS THING, thru this perfectly timed devotional . FOR ME!…  About six weeks ago, I was hospitalized for what I now strongly believe was a slight - but mildly debilitating stoke.  And as I’m doing my own journaling from the ODB entry for today, God is reminding me that, even tho it is taking me WAY LONGER to think thru and post my thoughts from today’s ODB entry, He is providing me with His enabling grace to help me thru this.   

Are any of my readers today, going thru a tough time, maybe dealing with some physical, emotional, or spiritual struggle.  Well, join me to trust God from HIs own word to lead us thru this valley of trial, … with God’s strength and His empowering grace leading us onward.            

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for Your power … helping me - here and now - to lead me thru this time of post-stroke struggle.     

My Prayer Today Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to remember that you, LORD, are ALWAYS there with Your enabling grace when we deal with the struggles of life.   … AMEN 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site. </ span>

2 comments:

Kjetil said...

Amen!!
Kjetil!-

Audi said...

Hang in there, Bill! God’s got this!