Thursday, August 31, 2023

August 31, 2023 … The Lonely Path …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 244 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Zach Williams singing heaven Help Me … singing of feeling lonely and needing God’s guidance down the lonely path in life.      


Down a scary path in life ... 

============        

Highlight Passage: … Psalm 142:1 … 3a [NLT] … 

I cry out to the LORD; I plead for the LORD’s mercy. …  3a When I am overwhelmed, You alone know the way I should turn.  …  

… King David pleads for the Lord to show him the way out of his lonely place.                                                                       

Highlight Passage (Context): … Psalms 142 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… King David sings of needing God to guide him down the lonely path in life.                               

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                     

Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

  God, thru Solomon, shows that we must trust God COMPLETELY, with Him showing us the right path to take in life.


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] …  

10  Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.  

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, to ALWAYS be there to lead the believer with His victorious right hand.  


Reference Passage: … Matthew 28:20b [NLT] …  

20b  … And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

… Jesus promises His born-again servants to ALWAYS be with them (us).  


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 13:5 [NLT] …  

For God has said,“I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”

… The author of Hebrews quotes from Deut 31:6, 8 … God’s promise to never fail or forsake His beloved believers.                         


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:7 [NLT] …  

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.  

… Peter encourages fellow Christians that our God ALWAYS cares for His own.          

                                                                                                                                         

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Leslie Koh  AT THIS LINK …  Told of going on an exercise run with a friend in a foreign land on a rough and unknown trail and being afraid that the author’s friend would run off an leave him.  But the friend kept checking on him to lead on the lonely, unknown, trail.  


And I think we all have taken routes in life which were a bit - if not a lot - frightening, … much like King David as he sang about being in a lonely cave with King Saul trying to chase and kill him.  But David turned to His Lord to lead him onto the road to safety.  And that’s what I pray for all of us who might find ourselves on a lonely and frightening path in life.  

So, … I’m praying that if we find ourselves on one of those lonely roads, that we pray what Zach Williams sings about in the linked song and God writes about in the Scriptures above, … taking God’s lead to follow His safe path in life.    

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for leading me on Your road to glory, Lord.     

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to follow Your safe path, O Lord. … Amen


=============

Blogger Note]  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: