Friday, August 11, 2023

August 11, 2023 … I Am His! …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 223 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics with Lauren Daigle singing … You Say … Poignantly, yet, powerfully, singing of how our identity,, as born-again Christians is found in our relationship with Christ, Who died to save those who would believe in Him as Lord and Savior.   



============        

Highlight Passage: … Romans 5:8 [NLT] … 

But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.

… Our God sent His Son to die for the sins of mankind and in our relationship with our Lord we find our identity.                                   

                         

Highlight Passage (Context): … Romans 5:6-8 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… The Apostle Paul teaches fellow Christians the truth about our identity iIN CHRIST when we believe in Christ as Lord and Savior.              

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                            

 

Reference Passage: … Genesis 1:27 [NLT] …  

27 So God created human beings in His own image. In the image of God He created them; male and female He created them.  

… God created mankind in His image.    


Reference Passage: … Jeremiah 1:5 [NLT] …  

I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.  

… God declares how He set Jeremiah apart to be God’s Prophet before Jeremiah was even born.      


Reference Passage: … John 1:12 [NLT] …  

12 But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God. .  

… We who believe in Jesus as the Christ and Lord of all, are children of God.            


Reference Passage </u>: … 2Corinthians 5:17 [NLT] …  

<i>  17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! .  </i>

… By believing in Jesus as THE CHRIST, anyone becomes a new person.          

     

Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [NLT] …  

20 my old self has been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me.  So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God Who love me and gave Himself for me. .  

… As a born-again Christian, I now live in and for my Lord, Who gave Himself for me.      

                                                                                                                                         

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Bill Crowder… AT THIS LINK  … told of how a close friend of Robert Todd Lincoln, the son of our beloved President, Abraham Lincoln, always felt that he lived in the shadow of his father’s image and therefore having no personal image of his own.               


But as Christians we don’t need to worry about that, do we?   No, as Lauren Daigle, in the linked  song, poignantly sings, and the Apostle Paul declared (see Pauline Scriptures above), when we surrender our will, …believing in Jesus as Lord and Savior, …we become new persons, living our lives as Children of God, … our identity no longer is our own but found in our relationship with Christ.  

Will you join me with a stout ”HALLEUJAH!”, praising our Lord for giving us our identity and purpose in life, which is found in our relationship with our Lord.          

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for dying to give me my identity, which is found in You.       

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to praise You, LORD, for giving us our identity in our relationship with You.    … AMEN 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK - on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site. 

No comments: