Saturday, August 12, 2023

August 12, 2023 … God Is ALWAYS Faithful …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 225 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics with Chris Rice singing … Great Is They Faithfulness … Poignantly, yet, powerfully, singing of how our God is ALWAYS faithful.  



============        

Highlight Passage: … Psalm 33:4 [NLT] … 

For the word of the LORD holds true, and we can trust everything He does. 

… The Psalmist sings of God’s trustworthiness and the truth of His word..                                   

                         

Highlight Passage (Context): …Psalm 33:1-11 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… God’s Psalmist extols God’s faithfulness … ALWAYS!!                                                            .                     

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                            

 

Reference Passage: … Deuteronomy 7:9 [NLT] …  

Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps His covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes His unfailing love on those who love Him and obey His commands.  

… God, thru Moses, declares His faithfulness to all generations of His chosen people.      


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 1:9 [NLT] …  

God will do this, for He is faithful to do what He says, and He has invited you into partnership with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.. 

… God is ALWAYS faithful to those who have been called and surrendered into fellowship with Christ.      


Reference Passage … 2Thessalonians 3:3 [NLT] …  

But the LORD is faithful; He will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one. .  

… The Apostle Paul teaches the truth of God’s faithfulness to guard the hearts of His disciples.            


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 2:13 [NLT] …  

13 If we are unfaithful, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny who He is. .  

…Paul teaches Timothy of God’s faithfulness in spite of our unfaithfulness because God cannot deny his nature as God.           

     

Reference Passage: … Hebrews 10:13 [NLT] …  

23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.  

… We are charged, as born-again Christians, to hold fast to follow God because of His promises are forever faithful.      

                                                                                                                                         

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon… AT THIS LINK told of disappointing her son, being late to pick him up at school.  And the ODB author realized that life would on day cause her son to be disappointing with even our God.  But when we realize … and believe, that God is ALWAYS faithful to HIs promises because He cannot go against His own nature as God, and we can move on past the disappointments in life because God is ALWAYS faithful.                 


Recently I’ve experienced some setbacks from a light stroke; and I find myself struggling to do things, like construct this journal entry.  And perhaps some of my readers have experienced your own, personal, setbacks.  But one more truth from God’s word (Romans 8:28 - I hope you have it memorized) shows me to trust in my God, Who is faithful to ALWAYS do what brings me closer to Him and is right for my (and your) good and His glory. 

So, like the ODB author’s son, who was angry at his mom for being late to pick him up at school, I may be confused - or even angry - by my recent physical and mental setbacks.  But I know that my God is faithful; and I can trust Him to lead me to a closer and more abiding relationship with HIM …  ALWAYS.… So, we move on, trusting our ALWAYS faithful God.           

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for faithfully bringing me closer to You.       

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to trust You, Lord, for always doing what brings us closer to You.  … AMEN 


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK -  - on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site. 

1 comment: