Wednesday, March 13, 2024

March 13, 2024 … Oh, What A Relief He Is …

March 13, 2024 … Oh, What A Relief He Is …       


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Kristyn Getty singing He Will Hold Me Fast …  Poignantly and powerfully singing of how our God will ALWAYS be there to hold us in times of trial.     


No ... O what a relief HE IS ... 

==========

Highlight Passage: … Psalms 118:5 [NLT] … 

In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me and set me free..           

… God’s Psalmist sings for the Lord hearing the cries of HIs people and setting them (us) free from our troubles.                


Highlight Passage (in context): …  Psalm 118:1-9 … USE THIS LINK … 

… Likely King David sings of God’s relief in times of trial or trouble.                    

=========                                                                 .                                                                                                                                                            

Reference Passage: … Psalm 4:1 [NLT] …    

1  Answer me when I call to You, O God, Who declares me innocent.  Free me from my troubles.  Hav mercy one me and hear my prayer. 

… King David cries out to God for His mercy in song … for relief from his troubles.           


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] …   

10 Don’t be afraid, for I AM with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I AM your God.  I will strengthen You and help you.  I will hod you up with my victorious right hand.    

… God promises, thru His Prophet, Isaiah, to ALWAYS be there in to lift up His chosen people in their (our) time of trouble.   


Reference Passage: … Romans 8:18, 28 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… Paul assures fellow Christians that ALL THINGS we face - no matter how troubling - are for our good and His glory.   


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 10:13 [NLT] …  

13 The temptations [also translated “tests, troubles, trials, or tribulations’’] in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure..   

… The Apostle Paul teaches and assures fellow Cristians that their (our) God is ALWAYS faithful to show His way out of the (our) trials in life.   


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:7 [NLT] …   

Give ALL your worries and cares to God, … for He cares about you.  

… Peter assures suffering Christians that God ALWAYS cares for their (our) needs.  


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread  Author, Matt Lucas -  AT THIS LINK -   tells about a five year old Syrian girl, Jinan, and her little brother, who called out for rescuers to save them as they were pinned down under the rubble of an earthquake, … Jinan crying out, Get me out of here; I’ll do anything for you,”


Well, we who read here today may not be trapped under the rubble of an earthquake, but I know we all have had some times in our life when we’re troubled by life’s trials or troubles.  You can likely empathize with little Jinan, … wondering whether God can really give us the relief we need in our trials or troubles.  

i can remember, years ago, an Alka Seltzer TV commercial which promised relief from a head ache by swallowing down their tablet dissolved in water (See photo). ...“Plop - plop, fizz-fizz, … Oh, what a relief it is!”  And I think there are troubling, or even painful, times when we seek that kind of relief from God.  But if my readers have taken in the linked song and meditated on the Reference Scriptures above, we all can take heart and find God’s relief when we face the trials of life, … because God is ALWAYS faithful to hear our prayer and ALWAYS will be there for/with us.                      

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for being there for me when I need Your enabling grace.    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, … to call out to You, Lord, when we need relief from the trials we face.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: