Monday, March 04, 2024

March 4, 2024 … My Heart Is His

March 4, 2024 … My Heart Is His 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Peabo Bryson singing My Heart Belongs To You …  Poignantly singing of how our hearts belong to God when we surrender to His love/grace.   



==========

Highlight Passage: … Ephesians 3:16-17 [NLT] … 

16 I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.           

… Paul praying that his fellow Christians will experience God’s Spirit residing in them to help them (us) grow by God’s unlimited enabling grace.          


Highlight Passage (in context)  … Ephesians 3:14-20 … USE THIS LINK … 

  The Apostle Paul prays that his fellow Christians would experience the sanctifying presence of God’s Spirit giving them the grace and power he had experienced thru Christ.        

=========                                                                 .                                                                                                                                                            

Reference Passage: … Ezekiel 36:26-27 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… God’s promise, thru Ezekiel, that He will put a new heart of obedience in those who are faithful to surrender and follow the Lord.                  


Reference Passage: … John 14:20-21 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… Jesus teaches HIs disciples in the upper room that He will live in all who faithfully and obediently follow Him.  


Reference Passage: … Romans 8:7-9 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK

… Paul teaches fellow Christians that those who surrender control of their (our) hears to God’s Spirit will experience His enabling grace.   


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 13:20-21 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… The Author of Hebrews prays that God’s Spirit will reside in the hearts of surrenders believers and give the (us) all they (we) need.                            


Reference Passage: … 1John 4:16-19 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK   

… The Apostle John teaches fellow Christians how we can live in this world with confidence when we have God living in our hearts.    


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread  Author, Patricia Raybon -  AT THIS LINK -  told of the author’s widowed mother who moved in with her family after a blizzard; and her presence blessed the entire family with her wisdom and engaging personality.  


And my own family had a similar experience, moving in with an elderly widow, who invited our family to live with her.  Her name was Maude; and she became like a third grandmother to me as she became part of our family for more than two decades until her passing to be with God.  

And I pray that all reading here with me have invited our Lord, Jesus, to live in our hearts (see photo).  I sure have; and His presence is changing my heart to surrender and to follow the will of God’s Spirit, leading me homeward to be with my Savior in glory forever.  How about you; … is our Lord residing in your heart?  if not, email me @ blilb13@icloud.com and I’ll do my best to show you how He can - and will - live your heart forever, inviting you to be a part of His family.     

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for residing in my heart day-by-day and helping me to become more like You.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, … to invite You, Lord, into our hearts … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: