Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015 … Go Ahead! Follow me!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 194

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK  … Please once again take the time to once again take in a video of Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing All Is Well, with the reality of our hope in Christ, looking forward in Him rather than into our selfish past.


Highlight Passage Philippians 4: 9 [NKJV] … 
9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. 
… Don’tcha just love the confidence of Paul’s leadership …
============
Highlight Context - Philippians 4: 1-9; 19 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… No need to worry … God will meet our needs … all the way to glory!!
============

Reference Passage #1 - Luke 9: 23 [NKJV] … 
17 Then He said to His followers,If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me. 
… Let’s move forward, not dwelling in the rear-view mirror, … looking through the windshield at what lies ahead.

Reference Passage #2 - 1st Corinthians 11: 1-2 [NKJV] … 
1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. … 2 Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you. 
… Paul knew where he was going, so he could exhort his friends to follow him.

Reference Passage #3 - Philippians 3: 13-14 [NKJV] … 
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 
 … Always moving onward … IN CHRIST!

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Randy Kilgore, relates the very personal story of the day his dear mentor and friend, Francis Allen, moved on to his real home in heaven. It was a touching story of a man dying with a glint in his eye, knowing exactly where he was going, having been on this trek to glory all his life.

 I can remember the day that my mentor released me from my weekly meeting with him, knowing that he was going to have to take care of his dear wife, who had unrelenting dementia. And I can remember him, as with Kilgore’s mentor, charging me to move onward in my life, following the precepts he had taught me, just as the Apostle Paul had charged his friends and fellow Christians in Philippi and Corinth in the highlight and reference passages above.

 Dr. Bob, my mentor, said much the same as Paul had said to his friends and the Christians who had followed Paul as their mentor. He had said to them that they could continue to live out what he, Paul, had taught them; and Dr. Bob charged me, in much the same way, to move onward, knowing that God was going to supply all my needs … as long as I followed His charge in Luke 9: 23. And that is why I’m still here every morning doing what my mentor taught me … to be in God’s word daily and to follow Him implicitly until that day which I will join Him in glory.

 So, if you have confidence in what I write here, being grounded in God’s word, … YOU CAN FOLLOW ME BECAUSE I FOLLOW CHRIST. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Lord, … Shine Your light brightly on our path so that we can’t help but follow You. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: