Monday, July 06, 2015

July 7, 2015 … Slow, But Supported, Walking

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 188

Blogger Note:  Posted early due to scheduling ... not to miss my special time with my Lord and His word.

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … … Please take the time to take in a video of Steven Curtis Chapman singing his song/lyrics His Strength Is Perfect, with the promise of God’s strength being ours when ours is gone.


Highlight Passage Job 16: 2 [NKJV] … 
2 I have heard many things; … miserable comforters are you all !! 
… God so often sees so much more in us than we see in ourselves.
============
Highlight Context - Job 16: 1-5 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… Job’s three “friends” were no help when he really needed it.
============

Reference Passage #1 - Matthew 28: 20 [NKJV] … 
20 “ … And lo, I am with you always … even to the end of the age.” 
… Always there … always walking with us

Reference Passage #2 - John 14: 16-18 [NKJV] … 
16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever — 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. 
… Jesus’ prayer for His disciples. - Hey! … that’s us!!

Reference Passage #3 - 2nd Corinthians 12: 9 [NKJV] … 
12 Then He (Jesus) said to me, … “My grace is sufficient for you; for my strength is made perfect in [your] weakness." 
… He’s willing to give us the strength of His grace when we need it.

Reference Passage #4 - Philippians 4: 13 [NKJV] … 
13 I can do all things through Christ, who gives me the strength. 
… He’s willing to give us the strength of His grace when we need it. 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Tim Gustafson, centered his teaching by telling a story about young Caleb, who had been diagnosed with a slow, but steadily degenerating neurological weakness. The author agonized to watch Caleb on the play ground; but then noted a young friend, who noticed Caleb’s weakness; and the new friend helped Caleb to use several pieces of the playground equipment; and they played together.

 Job - see the highlight passage today - needed a friend like that, didn’t he? But his three friends, who had been helpful earlier in Job’s malady, began to lecture Job and were not at all helpful as Job walked through his times of misery. But unlike Job’s three stooges, Jesus is a friend who walks with us - and even gives us His strength, even when we’re weakened like young Caleb or in a trial as was Job. When Jesus’ disciple were frightened just before the crucifixion, Jesus gave them support and encouragement (see John 14: 16-18 above); and He does the same for us, ALWAYS being there to support us … walk with us … and even lift us up when we need it

 Let me pray that our Lord will walk with us today.

My Prayer Today: Oh Lord, … Give us Your power-filled grace to walk even when we’re feeling awfully weak. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: