Sunday, July 05, 2015

July 5, 2015 … Come to Him

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 186

Blogger Note:  This entry published early due to travel schedules ... <'wrb><  

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a video of Israel Houghton, leading in worship, singing I Surrender All, with worshippers crying and committing their all to Jesus in an attitude of surrender.


Highlight Passage John 6: 35-37 [ESV] … 
35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. … Jesus said, “come to Me” … 
============
Highlight Context - John 6: 20-30 [ESV]USE THIS LINK
… Jesus’ invitation to come and partake of the “bread of life” … from Him.
============

Reference Passage #1 - Proverbs 12: 1 [ESV] … 
2 The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; … HE turns it wherever He wills. … 
The reality of God’s sovereignty in the reign of kings on this earth

Reference Passage #2- Luke 9: 23 [NKJV] … 
23 Then He (Jesus) said to them all (His followers) … “If anyone would come after Me, let Him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. …” 
… Jesus’ challenging call and charge go “follow Him.”

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Anne Cetas, centered her teaching on the reality that Jesus invited His followers to “come” to Him and to “follow” Him. And Cetas declares six areas of life where we can “come” to Him for His filling grace. They are these [and I ask any reading here to seek out and meditate on the supporting scriptures] …
SALVATION: … Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven [see John 3: 15]
PURPOSE: … Everyone seeks purpose in life. Jesus invites all to follow Him and find that purpose and direction (see Luke 9: 23 above and Prov. 3: 5-6]
COMFORT: … We will have trials, and some painful; but Jesus invites us to find comfort in Him [see Matt. 11: 28-30 and 1st Cor. 1: 3-4]
WISDOM: … We need God’s enlightening grace to give us His mind [again Prov. 3: 5-6 and James 1: 5-6]
STRENGTH: … We all need strength in our weakness [see Ps. 29: 11 and 2nd Cor. 12: 9]
ABUNDANT LIFE: … God wants to give us His most abundant life, not just the leavings of this world [see John 10: 10]

 And if you - as I do - believe that Scripture is absolute truth (see 2nd Tim. 3: 16-17, and you feel that you need some - or all - of those offerings from God’s providence above, … let’s come to Jesus and surrender our all to Him … as Israel Houghton sings, linked above.

My Prayer Today: Oh Lord, … I surrender my all to You … today and forever. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: