Saturday, July 25, 2015

July 25, 2015 … Following God’s GPS

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 206

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please once again take the time to take in a video of Clay Crosse and his friends singing the poignant song I Will Follow Christ proclaiming our desire as Christians to let our Lord guide us through life as we follow Him.


Highlight Passage Psalm 37: 23 & 31 [NKJV] … 
23 The Steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord and He delights in his way . … 31 The law of his God is in his heart; … none of his steps shall slide. 
 … As long as we follow His commands, our steps will be sure and steady.
============
Highlight Context - Psalm 37: 23-31 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… We keep ourselves in step with the Lord by following Him.
============

Reference Passage #1 - Psalm 119: 9, 11 [NKJV] … 
9 How can a young man keep his way pure? … Buy taking heed according to Your word. 
 … 11 Your word I have hidden in my heart that I might not sin against You. 
… God’s prescription to staying on His path.

Reference Passage #2 - Psalm 119: 105 [NKJV] … 
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 
… God’s word becomes our GPS to a straight path in life.

Reference Passage #3 - Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] … 
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  6 In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. 
… Our paths remain straight as long as they follow our Lord.

Reference Passage #4 - Isaiah 41: 10 [NKJV] … 
5 Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed because I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you; … I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. 
… He is ALWAYS the best way to go.

Reference Passage #5 - Luke 9: 23 [NKJV] USE THIS LINK ...
… Memorized and living it, RIGHT?!!

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, David McCasland, wrote about the life of an older friend. McCasland writes: A small pamphlet I received from a friend was titled “An Attempt to Share the Story of 86 Years of Relationship with the Lord.” In it, Al Ackenheil noted key people and events in his journey of faith over nearly nine decades. What seemed to be ordinary choices at the time—memorizing Bible verses, meeting for prayer with others, telling his neighbors about Jesus—became turning points that changed the direction of his life. It was fascinating to read how God’s hand guided and encouraged Al. 

Dear Christian friend, I’m sure you’d agree that the walk in life as a Christian is no walk in the park. It’s more like continual warfare; and it’s easy to walk into a minefield if we don’t follow THE ONE Who knows where all the mines are located. And that, of course, means following Christ. And to do that, what is our best GPS? … It’s God’s word, isn’t it? … Because, if we’re to do what Christ ordered of His disciples (see Luke 9: 23), we must get His word deeply into our hearts (see Psalm 119: 11) and then follow it as a lamp unto our path (see Psalm 119: 105).

 So, my prayer for us today is that we have God’s word deeply implanted in our hearts/minds and that we’re following it, letting God’s GPS guide us away from the evil and dangerous minefields of life.

My Prayer Today: Oh, my Lord, … I pray this for all who read here with me today. Guide our steps away from the minefields Satan and his world would set up for us in this life. Help us to let Your word guide us today. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: