Monday, July 06, 2015

July 6, 2015 … Light Into the Darkness

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 187

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK  … Please take the time to take in a video of Chris Rice singing Go Light Your World, with his exhortation for Christians to take the light of Christ burning in our hearts into an every darkening world.


Highlight Passage Psalm 91: 5-6 [NKJV] … 
35 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, 6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. 
… No reason to fear the darkness for those who walk in THE LIGHT …
============
  Highlight Context - Psalms 91: 1-8 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… God, thru the Psalmist, declares His victory over darkness …
 ============

Reference Passage #1- Psalm 119: 105 [NKJV] … 
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 
… God’s truth becomes the light of our life for us to spread to others.

  Reference Passage #2- John 8: 12 [NKJV] … 
12 Then Jesus spoke to them [those following Him] again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” 
 … Jesus’ challenging call and charge go “follow Him.”

  My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Bill Crowder, centered his teaching on the reality that Jesus commands His followers to take the Light He has implanted in our hearts, which needs to be a beacon to an every darkening world.

 And Crowder uses a word picture story with which I can personally identify. He recalls having a morning paper route as a young boy, … just as I did. And I remember, as he recalled, the darkness in certain spots on the route at early hours when he was delivering papers. He even recalled having to cross through a graveyard which had no lighting. He said he felt so much better when he got from one well-lighted street to another on his route. And he recalled it being very scary to cross through from the darkness of the graveyard into the light on his route.

 And yes, a lot of our world is most certainly VERY dark; and even getting darker over time. But we need not fear the darkness as Christians; … for as Jesus said to His disciples and distractors, “I am the Light of the World;” (see John 8: 12 above) and we Christians need not walk in the darkness when we have the Light of Christ, as Chris Rice sings [linked above], burning in our hearts.

 My friends … I come here everyday … to pursue and walk in the light of Gods’ word (see Psalm 119: 105 above). And it reminds me that I need not fear the darkness of this world; because His light shines in my heart —- everyday, everywhere, … at every time. So, as Chris Rise sings, let us go forth and shine His light today.

My Prayer Today: Oh Lord, … You are always my Light. Shine brightly on my path where I will walk, following You, today. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: