Monday, October 02, 2017

October 2, 2017 … Our Heavenly Prayer Partner

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 275 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group Third Day singing… Blessed Assurance … poignantly declaring our confidence in our Redeemer and Deliverer, our King Jesus, Who rules from above and prays to His Father for His beloved Bride.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Romans 8:34 [NLT] … 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 
… How uplifted we should be with the reality that Jesus prays for us to His Father. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Romans 8:31-34 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul shows his fellow Christians the confidence WE can have because Jesus prays for us. 
=============

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Lamentations 3:22-23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
...  I can always rely on the mercies of my God to get me thru each day.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Romans 8: 26-27 [NLT] … 26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. 
… When we have no word to pray, God’s Spirit intercedes for us before God’s throne of grace.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … 2nd Corinthians 12:9 [NLT] … 9 But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 
… God’s grace is always sufficient to lift us up when we don’t even know what to pray for.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, ask his readers to speculate on the feelings we have when we know someone is praying for us. The ODB author wrote: Few sounds are as beautiful as hearing someone who loves you praying for you. When you hear a friend pray for you with compassion and God-given insight, it’s a little like heaven touching earth. 
How good it is to know that because of God’s kindness to us our prayers can also touch heaven? 

I personally know that I have immensely more confidence every day, KNOWING that I have a number of prayer partners who pray for my wife and me as we go to war against our spiritual foes. We know that we would not experience the victories we have seen in Battle Plan Ministry (see www.battleplanministries.org ) without a cohort of prayer warriors praying for us daily.

So, you can imagine just how much more confidence we have KNOWING, from God’s own promises (see today’s highlight passage), that our Lord, King Jesus, is on His throne praying for us. Just a few days ago, I posted a journal entry [USE THIS LINK ... and see also Rom. 8:26-27], showing that God’s Spirit helps us to pray when we can’t even find the words to pray.

And so, knowing that we have The Perfect Prayer Partner [i.e., King Jesus and His Spirit] praying for me, I will enter today with faith and confidence that I’m covered in the battles I will face.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Dear Lord, … Thank You for being my perfect prayer Partner. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: