Saturday, October 21, 2017

October 21, 2017 … Our Safe Place

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 294 

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing his song … His Strength Is Perfect … poignantly singing of where we can run when we feel weak or threatened … into the arms of Jesus.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Proverbs 18:10 [NLT] … 
10 The Name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. 
… David’s one desire, … even as his life was in jeopardy.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Proverbs 18:10-11 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We all need a safe place to run to when we feel threatened.
=============

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Psalm 23:1-4 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus, our Good Shepherd walks with us, even thru the dark valleys of life.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Isaiah 26:3, 41:10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Prophet shows believers where they can go to find peace and strength.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … 2 Corinthians 12: 9 [NLT] … 9 But He [Jesus] said to me [Paul], “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
… We can ALWAYS rely on God’s grace … no matter how dire the circumstances are.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Elisha Morgan, used a personal story to illustrate how we all need a “safe place” to go to when we feel weakened or threatened. The ODB author wrote: My daughter and I were arranging to attend an extended family gathering. Because she was nervous about the trip, I offered to drive. “Okay. But I feel safer in my car. Can you drive it?” she asked. I assumed she preferred her more spacious vehicle to my compact one so I responded, “Is my car too cramped?” “No, it’s just that my car is my safe place. Somehow I feel protected there.” 

To my fellow Christians here; … do we all have a safe place to go when we feel insecure or unsafe? If not, I would say that we first need to look to how solid our relationship is with Jesus. And that is certainly what is reflected in the Scriptures above, isn’t it? And it’s what Steven Curtis Chapman sings about …i.e., our gleaning our strength, in times of weakness, from our God.

But beyond this truth, we all likely need - and should have - someone or a small group to whom we can go when we need uplifting, encouragement, or - as in the photo - a loving hug. And i think our ODB entry today is asking if we have that “safe place” to go when we feel we need safety or strength.

I know I have that in my wife and with several Christian brothers/sisters. But beyond them, I know that I came here today to be with THE ONE Who is ALWAYS there to give me His strength when I feel weak.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Thanks for lifting me up when I need Your strength. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: