Thursday, October 26, 2017

October 26, 2017 … Way Better Gifts To Come

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 299 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video and lyrics from The Maranatha Singers with a rendition of the old hymn … Great Is Thy Faithfulness … poignantly singing of how God is so faithful to provide the abundant life He has promised.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1st Chronicles 17:7-8 [NLT] … 7 “Now then, tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty says: I took you from the pasture, from tending the flock, and appointed you ruler over my people Israel. 8 I have been with you wherever you have gone, and I have cut off all your enemies from before you. Now I will make your name like the names of the greatest men on earth. 
… Thru Nathan, the Prophet, God promises David abundant living for His people … FOREVER! 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1st Chronicles 17:1-15 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s promised gifts to King David.
=============

Reference Passage [NLT] : … John 3:16, 10:10 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK
… God gave His all so that we could have abundant life.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Romans 8:32 [NLT] … 32 Since He did not spare even His own Son but gave Him up for us all, won’t He also give us everything else? 
… He gave us His Son … why would He withhold His promised “abundant life?”

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Ephesians 3:20 [NLT] … 20 Now all glory to God, Who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 
 … What God has waiting for us Christians in glory are gifts WAY BEYOND what we can imagine.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Philippians 4:19 [NLT] … 19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. 
 … Our God is our Provider! And His promised gifts are glorious beyond our imagination.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Kirsten Holmberg, used a personal story to illustrate how God’s gifts are gracious beyond description. The ODB author wrote: My birthday is the day after my mother’s. As an adolescent, I would scramble to think of a gift that delighted my mom yet fit in my budget. She always received my purchases with appreciation, and on the following day, my birthday, she would present her gift to me. Without fail, her gift vastly outshone mine [see photo]. Her intention wasn’t to diminish what I’d given her; she simply gave generously from her resources, which far exceeded my own. 

Today’s highlight passage [see 1st Chronicles 17] shows God’s amazing love to those who love Him. King David, “a man after God’s own heart,” wanted to give God the greatness of a temple to glorify his Lord; but God showed that His gifts - to David and God’s people - were one day to be so abundant, … way beyond what even King David could imagine.

And I hope that all reading with me here realize that what God has waiting for us in glory is so far beyond what we can imagine. Truly, as the Maranatha Singers sing in today’s linked song, Great Is Thy Faithfulness!” So, let’s stop and get on our knees today in a posture of thankful prayer for all of God’s providence now, … and even more so for His promise of glory to come.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Your coming gifts stagger my imagination; but I do wait faithfully for them. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: