Sunday, October 08, 2017

October 8, 2017 … Way Enough Grace!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 281 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Matt Maher singing … Your Grace Is Enough … Poignantly sining of how God’s grace is enough for God’s children.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 2 Kings 4:43-44 [NLT] … 43 “How can I set this before a hundred men?” his servant asked. …. But Elisha answered, “Give it to the people to eat. For this is what the Lord says: ‘They will eat and have some left over.’” 44 Then he set it before them, and they ate and had some left over, according to the word of the Lord. 
… When God calls us to serve Him, He will provide our needs.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 2 Kings 4:42-44 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God uses what was provided (a few loves of bread) to feed 100 people … to show, thru Elisha, that He provides what His people need.
=============

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ...
… We must trust in the Lord to lead us in HIS WAY … not to follow our own.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
... We need not fear that God cannot provide for our needs or lift us up in times of trial.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … 2nd Corinthians 12: 9-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul clearly teaches, from Jesus’ own promise, that God’s grace is enough to provide His strength for us in times of weakness.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Philippians 4:19 [NLT] … 19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus. 
 … God will provide our needs.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Kristen Holmberg, uses a personal ife example to teach on how God provides for our needs in times of weakness and trial. The ODB author wrote: When my husband and I were first asked to host a small group in our home, my immediate reaction was to decline. I felt inadequate. We didn’t have seats for everyone; our home was small and couldn’t hold many people. I didn’t know whether we had the skills to facilitate the discussion. I worried that I’d be asked to prepare food, something for which I lacked both passion and funds. I didn’t feel like we had “enough” to do it. I didn’t feel I was “enough” to do it. But we wanted to give to God and our community, so despite our fears, we agreed. Over the next five years we found great joy in welcoming the group into our living room. 

I can just imagine several, if not many, fellow readers here identify with this illustration of weakness turned to strength when we step out and trust God to provide what we need. The highlight OT story of God providing the bread for Elisha to feed 100 people is a good biblical example, … along with the NT story of Jesus twice feeding thousands with just a few fishes and loaves [see Matthew 14-15]. 

But the question comes down to whether we truly believe God’s promises to provide His strength and provision in our times of weakness or trial. And are we applying our faith in our lives? … I hope we do! … Because if we don’t, we’re missing out on the truth that God’s calling is His enablement.

I know that I felt totally inadequate to respond to God’s calling to found a ministry to help men walk free from habitual sexual sin. However, when I stepped out in faith, along with my wife, to put together and lead Battle Plan Ministry (see www.battleplanministries.org), He showed us the way to get started 17 years ago; and He’s given us what we’ve needed these years to help scores of men walk from darkness into light in His Name and for His glory.

So, today I'm praying that we all follow Him and know that His grace is truly enough!

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Help all who read here today, Lord, to trust and follow You no matter how weak or inadequate we feel. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: