Friday, October 06, 2017

October 6, 2017 … Driving Clearly Ahead

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 279 

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK …   Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group MercyMe singing their song … Dear Younger Me … with a reflection what we glean from God reshaping our lives.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1st Peter 1:3-4 [NLT] … 3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, 4 and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. 
… Peter on what Christians become in Christ.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1st Peter 1:3-9 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Peter reflects on how he and his fellow Christians have been reshaped and look ahead with hope because of what Jesus did for them on the cross.
=============

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ... 
… When we totally trust what Christ has done and don’t lean on our own understanding, we become new in Him.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … 2nd Corinthians 5:17 [NLT] … 17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 
… We become new in Christ.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Boucher Pye, uses a life example to teach on letting God into our lives when He needs us for His witness or work. The ODB author wrote: On the way to work, I listened to the song “Dear Younger Me,” which asks: If you could go back, knowing what you know now, what would you tell your younger self? … [Listen with the link provided] … As I listened, I thought about the bits of wisdom I might give my younger, less-wise self. Most of us have thought about how we might do things differently—if only we could do it all over again. 
But the song illustrates that even though we have regrets from our past, all our experiences have shaped who we are. We can’t change the consequences of our choices or sin. Praise God we don’t have to carry the mistakes around with us

Fellow Christian, … have you ever speculated on what you could’ve become if you knew, as a Christian earlier in your life, what you know now? I sure have. I was born again at age 39; and now I’m in my 70s; and if I could’ve known back in my teen and college days what I know and have become now; … Wow! But reflecting like that, as in the linked song today, may be nostalgic - maybe even helpful.

But it won’t change where I am now and where I will go into my future where my Lord is leading me. I’ve often said, in mentoring others, that when we’re driving down the road of life, it’s only productive to use the rear-view mirror for safety purposes. We have to look ahead, thru the windshield, to drive clearly into the future … where Jesus is leading us.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, Precious Spirit … Shine Your light brightly on my road ahead, that I may see clearly where You desire to lead me. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: