Monday, February 12, 2018

February 12, 2018 … One Day At A Time

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 43 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …   Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with song and lyrics with Don Moen singing … God Will Make A Way … poignantly singing of God’s way of providing for our needs … even when the way seems so unclear.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1 Kings 17:15-16 [NKJV] … 15 So she [the widow] went away and did according to the word of Elijah; and she and he and her household ate for many days. 16 The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry, according to the word of the Lord which He spoke by Elijah. 
… Elijah trust God completely in the face of famine; and God showed His worthiness and faithfulness thru the widow to provide their needs.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1 Kings 17:1-16 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God shows Elijah that He, our Lord, is worthy of our trust.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalms 18:1-3 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God will deliver us from our enemies, … if not in this life … the next!l

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God will show is the way - HIS WAY - even when there seems not way.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 6:31-34 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus makes it clear that we’'re not to worry about our needs … that our God will provide them all if we but trust in Him.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:19 [NKJV] … 19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 
 … God, thru Paul, promises to provide our needs from His riches is glory. BUT … do we believe Him?

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Poh Fang Chia, used a personal remembrance to illustrate how trustworthy God is to provide our needs. The ODB author wrote: After graduation from college, I had a low-paying job. Money was tight, and sometimes I didn’t even have enough for my next meal. I learned to trust God for my daily provision. 
It reminded me of the prophet Elijah’s experience. During his prophetic ministry, he learned to trust God to meet his daily needs [see highlight passages]. 

Sometimes when things seem tight or we’re in a state of want, our faith in God as our provider can wane, can’t it? But the story of how God provided for Elijah, first having a bunch of birds feed him and then a needy widow, showed the Prophet - and hopefully us - that God will ALWAYS be there to provide our NEEDS; … yes, even when things seem desperate.

I certainly don’t know where any reader with me is today as I write this. Maybe you’re in a place of stability and comfort; … maybe in a place of instability or need. But I pray we all know that our God will ALWAYS be there to provide us with what we need, … not necessarily what we want. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for providing for what I need. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Help me to trust You … no matter what! . … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: