Tuesday, February 06, 2018

February 6, 2018 … God’s Empowering Grace

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 37

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images and lyrics from Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing their song … Your Grace Still Amazes Me … poignantly singing of God’s grace which covers all our weakness and pain with His strength.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Job 2:10b [NLT] … 10 “…  Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?” So in all this, Job said nothing wrong. 
… Job remained steadfast in his faith no matter the pain he incurred.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Job 1:13-22, 2:9-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … Job, inspire of losing all except his life and wife, maintained his praise for God.
=============

Reference Passage : … Deuteronomy 31:6 [NLT] … 6 So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” 
… God’s promise to ALL His people … that He would never abandon us - NO MATTER WHAT!

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 [NLT] … 9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 
 … Paul learned, as we should, that God’s grace will empower us to deal with all trials.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Linda Washington, use a personal pain to illustrate how we can rely on God - no matter what!! The ODB author wrote: “It’s cancer.” I wanted to be strong when Mom said those words to me. But I burst into tears. You never want to hear those words even one time. But this was Mom’s third bout with cancer. After a routine mammogram and biopsy, Mom learned that she had a malignant tumor under her arm. Though Mom was the one with bad news, she had to comfort me. Her response was eye-opening for me: “I know God is always good to me. He’s always faithful.” Even as she faced a difficult surgery, followed up by radiation treatments, Mom was assured of God’s presence and faithfulness. 

Sorta reminds one of Job’s attitude immediately after he incurred all his terrible loss and pain, doesn’t it (see highlight passages)? And it also reminds me of Paul’s faith in the face of his immense and permanent pain from that “thorn” (see 2 Cor. 12:9-10). Paul realized that no less than His Lord and Messiah had promised His grace to cover us in Paul’s (and our) weakness.

Some time in our lives, we’re all going to incur some setback or pain, … maybe even one like the mother in today’s ODB entry. But this mother was able to hold on to her strength and smile (see photo) because of her faith and the reality of God’s grace.

Right now I’m dealing with a neurologic problem; and I’m uplifted by the knowledges that my God will never abandon me (see Deut. 31:6); and His amazing grace will give me the strength to deal with a problem that is WAY SMALLER than was Job’s. … Hearing today’s linked song, … I’ll be okay!!! 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for doling out Your grace to give me the strength when I’m weakened right now.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Gird me up with Your empowering grace, Lord. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: