Friday, February 02, 2018

February 2, 2018 … Sharing His Love & Grace

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 33 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images and lyrics from Joy William singing her song … Do They See Jesus In Me … poignantly singing of the charge we are to be in this world … reflections of God’s love and grace to others.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Colossians 4:5 [NLT] … 5 Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. 
… As Jesus entered the City of David, He was proclaimed to be the “Son of David” by the people. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Colossians 4:2-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, exhorts us, as His disciples, to take advantage of every opportunity to serve Him. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Matthew 5:16 [NLT] … 16 … let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. 
… Jesus charged all Christians to be His witnesses as we live our lives for His glory.

Reference Passage : … Acts 1:8 [NLT] … 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” 
… Jesus charged all Christians to be His witnesses as we live our lives for His glory.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 6:9 [NLT] … 9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. 
… We should not grow weary of serving God, taking advantage of every opportunity He presents for us to let other see Him as we serve Him.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 5:15-16 [NLT] … 15 So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. 16 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 
… We live in a very complex, with a lot of evil around us; so, we must live wisely as we serve our Lord.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Adam Holz, uses a modern technological word picture to see how we must use clever ways to motivate us to serve our Lord. The ODB author wrote: Like lots of people, I struggle to get enough exercise. So I recently got something to motivate myself to move: a pedometer that counts steps [see photo]. It’s a simple thing. But it’s amazing how much difference this gadget makes in my motivation. Instead of grumbling when I have to get off the couch, I see it as an opportunity to get a few more steps. Mundane tasks, like getting one of my kids a cup of water, become opportunities that help me work toward a larger goal. In that sense, my pedometer has changed my perspective and my motivation. Now I look to get extra steps in whenever possible. 

I think all readers here would agree with me that IT’S HARD to stay motivated as a Christian to “keep on keeping on” in our life surrendered to serve Christ and to let others see His love and His grace as we live in this world, surrounded by evil and complexities. I know, as Joy Williams sings in the linked song, we want to have others see Jesus in the way we live. … BUT … it’s really tough to live as the Apostle Paul was exhorting Christians to live [see Pauline exhortations above] … as an agent of our Lord in this world.

Even Jesus, when He was in the world, charged His followers to follow Him by shining HIS light of love/grace into a dark world (see Matt. 5:16) and by witnessing His love to others (see Acts 1:8). So, I don’t know about you; but I’m convicted to look for more opportunities, using whatever motivation I can, like the ODB author used a pedometer, to find ways to show off God’s love thru the way I live. 

How about you?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for Your example of perfect love and grace. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Give me opportunities today to shine Your light into this ever darkening world. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: