Saturday, February 03, 2018

February 3, 2018 … Life Changing Words

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 34 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images and lyrics from the group 4Him singing their song … The Message … poignantly singing of all we say and do become our “message” of Christ imparted into the lives of those we contact in this life.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Proverbs 16:24 [NLT] … 24  Kind words are like honey — sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. 
… Words can heal or kill.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Proverbs 15:4, 16:24, 18:21 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God shares, thru Solomon, how what we say to others can change lives.
=============

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 4:29 [NLT] … 29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. 
… The Apostle Paul knew the impact our words have on others.

Reference Passage : … James 3:7-12 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru James, warns us of the power of “the tongue”

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Monica Brands, describes how one song changes the life of the famous song writer and singer, Bruce Springsteen. The ODB author wrote: Sometimes our lives can change in a moment through the powerful impact of others. For rock ’n’ roll legend Bruce Springsteen, it was the work of musical artists that helped him through a difficult childhood and a persistent struggle with depression. He found meaning in his own work through the truth he’d experienced firsthand, that “You can change someone’s life in three minutes with the right song.” 

I’m certainly no musician or song-writer, like The Boss or King David, but the lyrics of a powerful song put to a good melody have always had a great impact on my life. In fact, having studied the brain quite a bit, I know that meaningful words put to an emotional melody affects the entire brain, both left and right hemispheres. But even what we say, which is understood by others greatly impacts the way we think and act.

That’s why the books of Psalms and Proverbs in the Bible have always been looked upon as two of the most life altering books from God’s word. And both the Apostle Paul and James, [in the reference scriptures above] wrote about the power of “the tongue” (meaning our words) when it comes to impacting the lives of those around us.

 So, if you’ve read with me in my daily blogs, which are certainly impacted by the very words of God, you’ll note that I use a song linked each time to give the emotional underpinning for what I write. And I always pray that each time I write something here, that it might touch the life of someone else … just as God’s word touches my heart/mind every day as I meditate on what my Lord shares with me from His word.

And I will pray that what we say to others today, trying to glorify God and His message (see today’s song), might change a life and bring someone closer than ever to Christ.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for the power and impact of Your word to change my life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Give us the words to share with someone today so that it my impart God’s love and grace to them. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: