Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February 28, 2018 … Lost Lamb

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 59 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with Gospel text, images, and lyrics from Judy Collins’ popular version of the most recorded Christian hymn,… Amazing Grace … powerfully singing of how Jesus, The Good Shepherd, will come after any lost lamb who is willing to come to and follow Him.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 15:6 [NLT] … 6 When He arrives, He will call together His friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with Me because I have found My lost sheep.’ 
… Jesus seeks out any lost lamb to bring that one back to the flock.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 15:1-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus’ parable of the lost sheep.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… And my Good Shepherd has led me from that valley of death to drink from His living waters.

Reference Passage : … John 3:16-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God sent His Son, His Good Shepherd, into the world to save all those who would deny themselves and follow Him (see Luke 9;23).

Reference Passage : … 2 Peter 3:9 [NLT] … 9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 
… The Good Shepherd doesn’t want any from His flock to perish.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Leslie Koh, uses a very personal story to illustrate just how our Good Shepherd searches for His lost lambs. The ODB author wrote: When we discovered that my mother-in-law had gone missing while shopping with a relative, my wife and I were frantic. Mom suffered from memory loss and confusion, and there was no telling what she might do. Would she wander the area, or hop onto any bus thinking it would take her home? Worst-case scenarios spun through our minds as we began to search for her, crying out to God, “Please find her.” 
Hours later, my mother-in-law was spotted stumbling along a road, miles away. How God blessed us in being able to find her. Several months later, He blessed her: at eighty years of age, my mother-in-law turned to Jesus Christ for salvation. 

A little over 35 years ago, I was almost 40 and one of God’s lost lambs. But He, … my Good Shepherd, … came after me and led me from that valley of the shadow of death [see Ps. 23] into His lush pastures of life. And for all those years thereafter, He has been leading me to drink of His living waters ever since. Every day, when I’m here, being embraced by Him by His living word, I feel like that little lamb in the attached photo.

And … as the linked long so poignantly sings, “I once was lost but now I’m found, … was blind but now I see.” And I can only pray today that all who read this are His foundlings, being led in the pastures of life by our Good Shepherd.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for coming after me.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Help me to seek after any who might be lost and need to feel Your love, thru me, and to come to You as their Good Shepherd. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: