Monday, February 26, 2018

February 26, 2018 … Sharing Joyously

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 57 

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images and lyrics with Ray Bolz singing… Thank You For Giving to the Lord … poignantly singing of how we Christians give from our time, talents, and treasures back to our Lord Who has given His all for us.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Malachi 3:10 [NKJV] … 10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! 
… Thru the Prophet God challenges His people to give to bring their tithes and offerings into His storehouse to do His work for His people.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Malachi 3:6-10 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Malachi, lays out the principle of giving back the Lord’s kingdom.
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:9-10 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK ...  
… Solomon shows how we should honor the Lord with the “first fruits” of His providence when we give back to Him in worship.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 6:19-21 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK ...   
… Jesus teaches on Kingdom living with regard to money and possessions.

Reference Passage : … 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK ... 
… Paul exhorts the church to help God, thru His church, to take care of those in need by giving regularly, really weekly, to the Church to carry out His kingdom work.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK ...   
… Paul teaches on the attitude all Christians should have in sharing their time, talents, and treasures for God’s kingdom.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, used a story about her boy sharing his toys to illustrate how Christians should share our time, talents, and treasures by giving to the Lord’s work. The ODB author wrote: When my son Xavier was six years old, a friend brought her toddler to visit and Xavier wanted to give him a few toys. I delighted in our little giver’s generosity, until he offered a stuffed animal my husband had searched several stores in different cities to find. Recognizing the high-demand toy, my friend tried to politely decline. Still, Xavier placed his gift into her son’s hands and said, “My daddy gives me lots of toys to share.” 
Though I’d like to say Xavier learned his confident giving from me, I’ve often withheld my resources from God and others. But when I remember that my heavenly Father gives me everything I have and need, it’s easier to share. 

Well, once again, if you’ve taken the time to read this ODB entry, hear the linked song, and meditate on the Scriptures above, the message of this blog is obvious, any reader will either we’re uplifted that we’ve been giving what we should to God’s kingdom work, thru the Church; or, we’re convicted that we should be giving more of God’s providence back to Him in worship so that God’s Church can do God’s work on earth.

I’ve heard it said that one can tell where a person’s heart is (see Jesus’ teaching in Matt. 6:19-21) by looking at his calendar and his bank statements. Because… how we use our time and treasures (i.e., finances) will reflect what is in our hearts and how were sharing of our lives for God’s glory.

 ’ll leave it to any reader here to decide - with the Spirit’s guidance - how we’re doing. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for Your providence.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … May the time, talents, and treasures You give us be used, thru our worship of giving, for Your kingdom and Your glory. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: