Thursday, February 22, 2018

February 22, 2018 … Buckle Up!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 53 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with song and lyrics with Crowder and Tauren Wells singing … All My Hope … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, have all our hope in Jesus, Who has washed us with His blood.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Hebrews 4:16 [NKJV] … 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. 
 … Because Jesus is our Heavenly High Priest, we can bring all our cares to Him as He intercedes to the Father for us.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Hebrews 4:11-16 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God promises that we can come BOLDLY to Him as our High Priest Who has even experienced all our trials/temptations, … yet can, in His sinlessness, cover our sin with His blood. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 145:14-21 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… David, under threat of his life from Saul, took his cares to God Whom he knew would protect him.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:9 [NKJV] … 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
 … Paul learned, as should we, that our spiritual well-being, all our hope, and our strength ONLY comes from His grace.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5 [NKJV] … 5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
 … God’s promise of His presence and protection, … no matter what!!

Reference Passage : … 1st Peter 5:5-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Peter exhorts us to humbly seek the protection of our Lord, Who cares for our every need.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Bill Crowder, uses a very common airline illustration to show how we need to buckle ourselves to the Lord Who will help take us thru any storm. The ODB author wrote: “The captain has turned on the seat belt sign, indicating that we are entering an area of turbulence. Please return to your seats immediately and securely fasten your seat belt.” Flight attendants give that warning when necessary because, in rough air, unbuckled passengers can be injured. Secured in their seats, they can safely ride out the turbulence. 
Most of the time, life doesn’t warn us of the unsettling experiences coming our way. But our loving Father knows and cares about our struggles, and He invites us to bring our cares, hurts, and fears to Him. 

I don’t need to write much here to add to that, do I? … Question is … have we buckled ourselves securely to our relationship with Christ? Because if we have, WE’RE SAFE, … no matter what storm we may encounter in life.

Please take in the linked song and meditate on today’s Scriptures above; and then if you, like me, are riding thru a storm today, BUCKLE UP!! … God will carry us thru the storm.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for being my seat belt in the storm. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … I’m riding out the storm with Your angels carrying me thru it today. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: