Monday, February 05, 2018

February 5, 2018 … Following His Voice

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 36 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …   Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images and lyrics from Kristyn and Keith Getty singing their song … Speak O Lord … poignantly singing of our desire to hear God’s voice ringing true in our lives to lead us in His purpose and ways.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 10:27 [NLT] … 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 
… As one of His flock, I follow His voice.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 10:25-30 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … Jesus declares that, as the Good Shepherd, His sheep (i.e., His disciples) hear His voice and follow Him. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 23 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK
… David was a shepherd follow THE SHEPHERD.

Reference Passage : … Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be My follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow Me. … “ 
… Those who saw Jesus in the flesh witnessed first-hand the glory of God.

Reference Passage : … 1 Thessalonians 2:13 [NLT] … 13 Therefore, we never stop thanking God that when you received his message from us, you didn’t think of our words as mere human ideas. You accepted what we said as the very word of God—which, of course, it is. And this word continues to work in you who believe. 
… We primarily hear the voice of our Good Shepherd thru His word.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, David H Ropers, teaches on hearing and following God’s word in spite of the noisiness of this world. The ODB author wrote: I’m hard of hearing—“deaf in one ear and can’t hear out of the other,” as my father used to say. So I wear a set of hearing aids. Most of the time the devices work well, except in environments where there’s a lot of surrounding noise. In those settings, my hearing aids pick up every voice in the room and I cannot hear the person in front of me. 
So it is with our culture: a cacophony of sounds can drown out God’s quiet voice. … 
Fortunately, my hearing aids have a setting that cuts out the surrounding sounds and enables me to hear only the voices I want to hear. 

We’ve probably never lived in an era where the noise of information, coming from so many confusing sources, can so easily drown out God’s “still small voice.” The noisiness of the world Satan has built, therefore, becomes one of his primary tools to divert Christians from following their Good Shepherd.

Hence, we need times, like the one I’m enjoining right now [see photo], where we can get alone - out of the noise of the world - and hear the voice of our Good Shepherd, … the One Who will lead us with His word. And that’s why you find me here in my quiet place, every morning, letting my Lord lead me with the still small - but powerful - voice which come from the truth of His word.

And the more I seek His voice, the easier it is to follow Him.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for crying out for me over the din or the world’s noise from the clarion voice of Your word.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Speak, Oh Lord, as the Gettys sing, as I listen for Your truth to follow none but You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: