Friday, February 09, 2018

February 9, 2018 … What Will It Be Like?!!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 40 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with the group Mercy Me singing their song … I Can Only Imagine … poignantly looking forward to that day when we will stand in the very presence of our Lord, … the King of kings and Lord of lords!!


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Isaiah 11:6a [NLT] … 6  In that day the wolf and the lamb will live together; the leopard will lie down with the baby goat. ... 
… Under Christ’s eternal reign there will be no more enemies or foes. He will rule over all. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Isaiah 11:1-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Prophet sees what it will be like under the rule of Jesus when He comes again as Messiah, King, and Judge.
=============

Reference Passage : … Genesis 1:26-31 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… And God created mankind as the pinnacle of His creation; and He gave them all that He had created for their (our) pleasure and His glory. ... But then we blew it all in pride and selfishness, leading to what we have today. ...  BUT it will one day return the glory of the garden when Jesus comes back.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 1:6 [NLT] … 6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. 
… God’s promise to complete us in His image during what we endure in this life … for His glory and His return to rule as our King Jesus!

Reference Passage : … Revelation 21:1-4 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… And God revealed, thru John, what it would be like when the Lamb of God sat on His eternal throne in the New Jerusalem, … where there would be no more sin, no more pain, no more death.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Alyson Kieda, uses a social media illustration to show where we’ve come from and where we are going in Christ. The ODB author wrote: My Facebook friends often post endearing videos of unlikely animal friendships, such as a recent video I watched of an inseparable pup and pig, another of a deer and cat, and yet another of an orangutan mothering several tiger cubs. 
When I view such heartwarmingly unusual friendships, it reminds me of the description of the garden of Eden. In this setting, Adam and Eve lived in harmony with God and each other. And because God gave them plants for food, I imagine even the animals lived peacefully together (Genesis 1:30). 

And, as Mercy Me sings in the linked song above, which I pray you’ve heard, “I can only imagine” what it will be like when all of those who’ve become the Bride of Christ will be with Him at the wedding feast of the Lamb in glory, … when, as in the photo, the lion will live in peace with the lamb, … when we dance in the glory of His throne in the New Jerusalem.

But knowing that it will be infinitely more wonderful than I can imagine lifts me up above all that I see and know here in the darkness and misery all around us in this life. So, I will live out the life He has given me toward the completion He promises (see Phil. 1:6) with hope, knowing that we will one day reign with our King Jesus in glory.

Yes, … I can only imagine!!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for coming again to rise again in glory!! We await Your coming.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Come soon, Lord Jesus, to rule with us in Glory. . … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: