Monday, September 10, 2018

September 10, 2018 … Standing Firm for Christ

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 252 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing … His Strength Is Perfect … if we are to stand for Christ in this world and against satan in our flesh, we must rely in God’s strength to cover our human weakness.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Jude 1:24 [NLT] … 24 Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. 
… Oh how we pray that we, Christians, can keep from falling away from the faith and stand firm for Christ.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Jude 1:24-25 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… Jude prays that all true Christians will be able to stand firm in their relationship with and witness for Christ.
=============

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:31b [NLT] … If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 
… No one can stand against those who are fully surrendered to Christ.

Reference Passage : … 1Corinthians 10:13, 15:58 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God gives us His empowering grace to stand for Him in all situations.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 6:13 [NLT] … 13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 
… If we humbly arm ourselves for battle, God’s grace will allow us to stand for/with Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Arthur Jackson, uses a story of how our lives of living sacrifice become a sweet and Christlike aroma to God. The ODB author writes … It was a cold, icy winter’s day, and my mind was focused on getting from my warm vehicle to a warm building. The next thing I knew I was on the ground, my knees turned inward and my lower legs turned outward. Nothing was broken, but I was in pain. The pain would get worse as time went by and it would be weeks before I was whole again. 
Who among us hasn’t taken a spill of some sort? Wouldn’t it be nice to have something or someone to keep us on our feet all the time? While there are no guarantees of surefootedness in the physical sense, there is One who stands ready to assist us in our quest to honor Christ in this life and prepare us to stand joyfully before Him in the next.

And my fellow Christian, there is One who stands ready to give us the emotional and Spiritual strength to stand strong in our relationship with and witness for Christ; and that is His Spirit. And if any readers here have taken the time to hear Steven Curtis Chapman’s song, linked above, and have meditated on the Scriptures above, as I have this morning, we have to be uplifted and strengthened in our witness today for Christ.

Repeat what Paul said in Romans 8:31, … If God be for us, [then] who can ever be against us?” … Repeat it again … and maybe a third time.

It’s true, isn’t it? But, … do we believe it!! … And if we believe it, are we living it? … I pray so!! 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for standing with me as I stand for You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that You lift me up - or anyone reading here - with Your strength today so that we can stand firm and be a strong witness for You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: