Monday, September 03, 2018

September 3, 2018 … Lighting the Way Home

Berry Patch Devotions in 2018 - Day 245 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and lyrics from Jason Gray singing … Glow In The Dark … powerfully singing of the light we should become for Christ to shine thru us for others to find the way Home in a dark world.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 2 Corinthians 1:3-4[NLT] … 3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. 4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 
 … Our Lord is always our source of comfort and light when we encounter the darkness and storms of life.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 2 Corinthians 1:3-11 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… Paul expounding on the truth that God allows us thru troubles in life so that we can become a beacon of light and comfort for others.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:105 [NLT] … 105  Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. 
 … God’s word can always be a light for us on the path of life, especially when it gets dark.

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s truth, thru Solomon, that we should always trust the way God lights for us thru life.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 5:14-16 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus charges us to become a light to help others out of the darkness and onto the path home.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Randy Kilgore, uses a personal testimony to show how we Christians must find our way home in the darkness, . i.e., by seeking and following God’s light. … Sometimes this journey through life can be so difficult that we’re simply overwhelmed, and it seems there’s no end to the darkness. During such a time in our own family’s life, my wife emerged one morning from her quiet time with a new lesson learned. “I think God wants us not to forget in the light what we’re learning in this darkness.” 

Life can get very dark and forbidding in the storms of life, can’t it? And when it does we must learn to seek and find God’s light; and then to become a beacon of light for others, which is what Jason Gray sings about in the linked song above.

But one of the reasons you find me here, every morning, is to have the battery power of my light restored by God’s word [see Psalm 119:105] so that I can follow God’s light and prayerfully become a light for others [see Matt. 5:14-16]. And that is what comes when we trust in God’s word to show us God’s way and His will in this life.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for the Lighthouse of Your truth shining brightly for me thru Your word, guiding me homeward.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that You shine Your light so brightly on my path, making it easy for me to follow it; and so that I can become a light for others showing them the way Home. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: