Tuesday, September 04, 2018

September 4, 2018 … Glory in Creation

Berry Patch Devotions in 2018 - Day 246 

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and lyrics from Michael W Smith and chorus singing … How Majestic Is Your Name … powerfully singing of the the majesty of God seen in His creation. … And THEN TO THIS LINK  to see/hear how God’s creation calls to us to come and find His glory in a relationship with Him.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 8:1 [NLT] … 1  O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth! Your glory is higher than the heavens. 
 … How majestic is God’s glory as seen in the heavens [see photo].
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 8:1-9 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… King David declares the majesty of God’s Name from seeing His creation in the heavens. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 116:1-2 [NLT] … 1  I love the Lord because He hears my voice  and my prayer for mercy. 2  Because He bends down to listen,  I will pray as long as I have breath! 
 … No matter how great is God’s majesty as seen in the heavens above, He will bend down to hear even my lowly voice when I come seeking Him.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 6:6-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus commands those who follow Him to seek Him … no matter how vast and holy He may seem in creation.

Reference Passage : … Romans 1:20 [NLT] … 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see His invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. 
… No one has an excuse for not knowing God intimately when all we have to do is look around us to see Him in creation.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, uses space exploration to teach on the majesty of God found in His creation. … In 2011, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration celebrated thirty years of space research. In those three decades, shuttles carried more than 355 people into space and helped construct the International Space Station. After retiring five shuttles, NASA has now shifted its focus to deep-space exploration. 
The human race has invested massive amounts of time and money, with some astronauts even sacrificing their lives, to study the immensity of the universe. Yet the evidence of God’s majesty stretches far beyond what we can measure. 

Go out on any clear night and, as in the photo, look up into the heavens and we see the glory of God on display. And when we see this, as Paul said in Romans 1:20 we have no excuse but to praise God for Whom He is and what He has created.

Yet, in all His glory, He is but a prayer away from hearing what I - little old me - has to say (see Ps 116:-1-2. Yes, He even bends down to hear me; and He - in the words of Jesus, God incarnate, invites me to come into Him and seek His glory.

Oh, … do I sense a loud … HALLELUJAH …?!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for letting me know you first by seeing You in Your creation.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all who read me here know You and praise Your Holy and wonderful Name when we see You all around us. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: