Monday, September 24, 2018

September 24, 2018 … My Way or God’s?

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 266 

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube of song and lyrics from Ellvis Presley singing … My Way … sadly singing how we can choose that we can choose to do life our own way … or there is another choice … USING THIS LINK … and that is to choose to follow Christ as sung with lyrics by Clay Crosse, Bob Carlisle, and Bebe Winans.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Isaiah 30:21 [NKJV] … 21  Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” … whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.
… God graciously gives us the choice to follow His way.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Isaiah 30:15-21 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Isaiah, shows God’s people the choice they have … to be obedient and follow His way or to choose to go their own way.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 139:23-24 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK …
... My prayer everyday … that God will show me His way so that I can avoid taking the wrong way - my way!

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK …
... If we but trust God and avoid following our own feelings or the worlds ways, God will show is His way … THE WAY!

Reference Passage : … Luke 9:23 [NKJV] … 23 Then He said to them all [Jesus’ followers], “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." 
… Jesus clearly shows us the way to go in life … to avoid our own way and follow His.

Reference Passage : … Romans 12:1-2 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK …
... God, thru Paul, warns us to avoid following the world’s ways and to be a living sacrifice for Him in the choices we make.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Adam Holz, used personal example to show how easy it is to take the wrong route and follow the world’s ways or our own. The author wrote … “We’re going this way,” I said as I touched my son’s shoulder and redirected him through the crowd to follow his mom and sisters in front of us. I’d done this more often as the day wore on at the amusement park our family was visiting. He was getting tired and more easily distracted. Why can’t he just follow them? I wondered. 
Then it hit me: How often do I do exactly the same thing? How often do I veer from obediently walking with God, enchanted by the temptations to pursue what I want instead of seeking His ways? 

If you take in the photo and just a few minutes to listen to both of the linked songs above, you’ll see the choice which God graciously gives us in life; … and that is to follow the ways of the world, our flesh, or Satan; … or … to take the route God would have us go; … and that, of course, is the way of Christ … GOD’S WAY!

And … if one takes in the Scriptures above, do I really need to write any more here to give us God’s clear picture of where He wants to lead us? No, … the choice is clear, isn’t it?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for showing me Your way to follow in life to avoid the pitfalls of the world and my own flesh.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray everyday, Lord, from Psalm 139:23:24, my plea that You clearly show me Your way to follow today, tomorrow, and always. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: