Friday, September 07, 2018

September 7, 2018 … God’s Immutable Love

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 249 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing … Be Still And Know … poignantly singing of the permanence and immutability of our God, Whom we can rely on thru this ever changing and unpredictable world.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 103:15, 17 [NLT] … 15  Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers, we bloom and die. … 17  But the love of the Lord remains forever with those who fear him. 
… Life is so fickle and unpredictable; but not so with God’s love!!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 103:13-22 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… King David sings of God’s ever permanent and trustworthy love.
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We can ALWAYS trust in our God to lead us thru this ever changing world.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:8 [NLT] … 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 
 … Our Lord is immutable, never changing. Hence, we can rely on Him ALWAYS!!

Reference Passage : …1 Peter 1:23-25 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Peter quotes Isaiah (i.e., Is. 40:6-8) as the trustworthiness of God’s word, which never changes and is immutable truth.

Reference Passage : … 1 John 2:17 [NLT] … 17 And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever. 
… God, thru John, promises His forever love in spite of a dying world.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, uses a personal story to illustrate how our lives change; but God’s love is NEVER changing. The ODB author writes … When I was in high school I played on the varsity tennis team. I spent many hours of my teenage years trying to improve my skills on four concrete courts located just two blocks from my home. 
The last time I visited that city, one of the first things I did was drive to the tennis courts, hoping to watch others play and reminisce for a moment. But the old courts, so familiar to my memory, were nowhere to be seen. In their place was a vacant field, inhabited only by an occasional weed waving silently in the breeze. [See photo] … 
 We grow older and the world around us may change, but God’s love doesn’t. He can always be trusted to take care of those who turn to Him. 

I’ve heard more than one person, wiser than I, say, “The only thing we can rely on is change.” And in this ever-changing, unpredictable, world, can I imagine a consensus of “Amens” from those reading with me here?

But as Steven Curtis Chapman sings in the linked song, we can “be still and know…” that our God loves us and that He’s always there with His love, mercy, and grace when we need Him. But if we can’t know that, or trust in our God, where does that leave us? Well, without our belief in an immutable God (see Heb. 13:8), we will flounder thru life, … not having anything or anyone to trust. And unfortunately that it the case with so many, isn’t it?

And so, … that’s why you find me coming back here to be grounded in God’s word, … day after day after day. Because I believe and know the truth that God’s word is the permanent and trustworthy place [see 1Peter 1:23-25], I can always find my immutable and Holy God, shining His light on my path thru His word (see Ps. 119:105 on your own), so that I can follow Him Homeward.

Journaling His truth and the Spirit’s word here daily allows me to get a “Spirit hug” from God’s love every morning to start my day. And that’s WAY WORTH coming here to share these thoughts with anyone who might read this, don’tcha think?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for Your unchanging, ever trustworthy, love.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that You continue to pour out Your love and grace thru Your word to me today as all days. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: