Saturday, September 15, 2018

September 15, 2018 … God’s Positioning System: His “GPS”

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 257 

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and lyrics from the group Mercy Me singing … Word of God Speak … poignantly singing of the power of God’s word to speak meaning, purpose, and power into the lives of those who believe it’s truth.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 119:68 [NKJV] … 68  {GOD}You are good, and do good; … Teach me Your statutes. 
 … God’s goodness is reflected in/thru His word.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 119:65-72 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… This entire song is dedicated to the goodness of God expressed thru His living word. 
=============

Reference Passage : … 2Timothy 3:16-17 [NKJV] … 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 
… The Bible is God-breathed inspiration to give us all we need to live for His glory.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Dave Branon, teaches on the infinite goodness of God’s word to guide us in our lives. … Because I like dark chocolate, I once Googled “Is dark chocolate good for you?” I got a variety of results—some good, some bad. You can do the same for almost any food product. Is milk good for you? Is coffee good for you? Is rice good for you? There is a dizzying array of answers to these questions, so you have to be aware that the search itself may not be good for you. It may give you a headache! 
But if you’re looking for something that’s one-hundred percent good for you all the time, can I recommend the Word of God? 

For those who might come here to read what I believe God gives me to share from His Spirit and His word, … why do you think I do all I can to be here, digging into God’s truth and doing what I can to get His word into my heart?

I do it because God’s word [use the links below to read the passages] …
… Gives me God’s purpose for my life (Isaiah 55:11)
… Shines a light unto my path in life (Ps. 119:105)
… Is the sword of the Spirit to do battle (Eph. 6:17)
… Is absolutely trustworthy (Prov. 30:5)
… Helps me grow closer to my God (1Pet. 2:2)
… Gives me God’s blessing everyday (Luke 11:28)

 I think that’s reason enough to be in God’s word deeply every morning, don’t you? How about it, fellow reader; … have you dived into God’s truth today and let our Good God saturate your spirit? Come on … jump in … that water’s wonderful!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for Your living, powerful word to be our “GPS” in life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here are bathing in Your word daily and being nourished by Your truth. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: