Wednesday, September 19, 2018

September 19, 2018 … Always a Time … His Time

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 261 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of song and lyrics from Jeremy Camp singing … There Will Be A Day … powerful singing of the reality of our having to deal with the events in time which God gives or allows us to live.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Ecclesiastes 3:1, … 11a [NKJV] … To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.  … 11a He has made everything beautiful in its time. … 
… God purposes all time for our good and His glory.  
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… There is a time - in God’s timing - which allows us to choose to live for Him - or NOT! 
=============

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28 [NKJV] … 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 
… We do all we can as Christians to honor God with our choices; but in reality ALL things are for our good as His disciples, in His good time and for His will.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 5:15-16 [NKJV] … 15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 
… As Christians, God, thru Paul, exhorts Christians to do all we can to make our choices in time to glorify our Lord, especially in these evil times we live.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 1:6 [NKJV] … 6 … being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; … 
… As Christians, God, desires that all things in our lives be used to reshape us into His image and for His glory.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Kirsten Holmberg, wrote of a time of transition in her life with her daughter going off to college (see photo). The author wrote … Yesterday I purchased an airline ticket to send my firstborn child to college. I’m surprised the keyboard on my computer still functions, given the waterworks my eyes unleashed on it during the flight selection process. I have so enjoyed my eighteen years of daily life with her that I am saddened by the prospect of her departure. Yet I wouldn’t rob her of the opportunity that lies ahead simply because I’ll miss her. At this juncture in her life, it is fitting for her to embark on a new journey to discover adulthood and explore another part of the country. 
As this season of my parenting draws to a close, another one begins. It will undoubtedly bring both new challenges and new delights. 

As God, thru Solomon in Ecclesiastes, charged believers, … there is a time in life for all things [see highlight passage]. And as God, thru the Apostle Paul charged Christians, we must do all we can, especially in these evil times, to use the time God gives us for His glory (see Eph. 5:15-16), remembering always that all things which occur in the life of Christ’s disciples [that’s us, my friends!] are for our own good (Rom. 8:28) to reshape us in His image (Phil. 1:6).

So, today let’s just do all we can to make choices, given God’s timing and His good will, which deal with life’s events in a way that will honor our Lord and bring us into a closer walk with Him. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for the time You give me to glorify You with my choices.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, I make choices which with edify me and glorify You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: