Monday, September 17, 2018

September 17, 2018 … Passing It On!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 259 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and lyrics from the group 4Him singing … The Message … poignantly and powerful singing of how our lives as Christians become a message with is a legacy of Christ for others to see in our lives.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 2 Timothy 1:4-5 [NKJV] … 4 … [Paul] greatly desiring to see you [Timothy], being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy, 5 when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also. 
 … A legacy of Christlikeness had been passed along to Timothy from his family and from Paul. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 2 Timothy 1:1-5 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… Paul’s mentoring of his spiritual “son,” Timothy, was a legacy and message of Christ’s love passed on to Timothy from his family and from Paul.
=============

Reference Passage : … Matthew 5:16 [NKJV] … 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. 
… Christ commands us, as His disciples, to shine His light thru the way we live as His gospel message of love for all to see.

Reference Passage : … Acts 1:8 [NKJV] … 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” 
… We are charged by Jesus Himself to be His witnesses, carrying His legacy of love/grace to the world, especially to those in our sphere of influence, such as our family/friends.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, used a personal story of how his family left him a legacy of hope/love from their faith in Jesus which became a lasting message of love to be shared onward in his family. The author wrote … I was paging through my great-grandmother’s Bible when a treasure fell into my lap. On a small scrap of paper, in a young child’s handwriting, were the words, “Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted” (Matthew 5:3–4). Scribbled beside those verses in wobbly cursive was my mother’s signature. … 
When we encourage those close to us to have hope in Jesus, we offer them a legacy of love. Through a simple note, my mother left evidence of my great-grandmother’s love for her Savior and her family. Oh, to share Him with those who come after us! 

Do my readers today have any kind of a legacy of Christ’s love which has been passed on to you which you feel called to share with others, … especially your children, friends, or others who need to know Jesus more intimately?

When I was a new, baby, Christian [at about age 45], I was led to a mentor, who recognized that I needed what he called the 3Ds of discipleship - a Disciplined Daily Devotional life. And so he took the time to help me learn how to spend a very intimate, personal time with God EVERY MORNING. And now, some 25+ years later, you find me here, journaling [for any who might read] what I believe God’s Spirit gives me each morning to share with others from the time I devote getting to know my Lord from His word.

What I write here - each morning - is God’s message (as in the linked song) to me and thru me … as a legacy of His love to pass on to others. Prayerfully all who’re reading here now have a legacy of love and grace which we all can share with others in our family or with anyone who needs to get God’s “message” of love.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for Your message of truth from Your word today which I can share here today with others.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that what You share with me here can be my legacy of love shared with others in writing each morning. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: