Sunday, October 13, 2019

October 13, 2019 … Waiting Patiently

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 286 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and images from Sara Groves singingI’ll Wait ... powerfully singing of faith being able to wait on the Lord in spite of the many temptations of life.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1Thessalonians 1:9-10 [NKJV] ... 9 …, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, 10 and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. 
… Paul’s encouraging words to the Thessalonians for their waiting patience and faith in the Lord’s promise of His 2nd coming.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1Thessalonians 1:1-10 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Paul lauds the waiting loyalty and devotion of his fellow Christians in Asia Minor as they wait patiently on The Lord’s return.
==============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… We are to faithfully and patiently TRUST in the Lord - no matter what.

Reference Passage : … John 14:21-23 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Our obedience to His word shows our loyalty and love to our LORD.

Reference Passage : … Revelation 19:6-8 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… We, as God’s elect, will one day feast with the Bridegroom at the wedding feast of the Lamb of God upon His return for His Bride as we have prepared for His coming again in Glory.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, tells of a statue commemorating a very loyal dog in Japan to illustrate how we, as obedient Christians, need to be faithfully waiting and preparing for the return of our Savior. … The ODB author wrote: Outside the Shibuya train station in Tokyo is a statue commemorating an Akita dog named Hachiko. [see photo] Hachiko is remembered for unusual faithfulness to his owner, a university professor who commuted from the station daily. The dog accompanied him on his walk there in the morning and came back to meet him every afternoon just as his train arrived. 
One day the professor didn’t return to the station; sadly, he’d died at work. But for the rest of his life—more than nine years—Hachiko showed up at the same time as the afternoon train. Day after day, regardless of weather, the dog waited faithfully for his master’s return. 

The ODB story above was somewhat encouraging to me; because generally I don’t see myself as an OBEDIENT and PATIENT Christian, waiting, as Sara Groves sings in the linked song, for our Master, King Jesus, to return for His faithful Bride.

But I guess I do have some of those qualities of faithfulness, because since November of 2008 I have been publishing my devotional journal entries online DAILY. And yes, I do so because I’m waiting - I guess more patiently than I had realized - for the the return of my Lord; … and doing all I can to be here for Him when He comes … or … when He brings me home to be with Him.

And the question of conviction from this ODB entry today is whether we’re all finding ways, as Rev. 19:8-9 reports, to prepare for our Bridegroom’s return. How about you?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for Your promised return … maybe soon … maybe today?
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to prepare our Bride’s linens for Your return. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: