Monday, October 28, 2019

October 28, 2019 … Becoming God’s Warrior

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 301 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Laura Story singing Grace Abounds ... poignantly singing of how God gives His empowering grace to replace our feelings of inadequacy; … and THEN ON TO THIS LINK  with Steven Curtis Chapman singing much the same truth in his song - His Strength Is Perfect.

Gideon with God's Angel

==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Judges 6:12 [NKJV] ... 12 When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.” 
… Gideon had trouble processing the proclamation of God’s angel that he, Gideon, could be a mighty warrior for God.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Judges 6:1-16 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God’s angel confronts a threatened Gideon with a challenge to become God’s warrior. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ NKJV] … 5  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6  in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. 
… God’s promise to lift us up when we feel weakened.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [ NKJV] … 10  So do not fear, for I am with you; be not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; … yes, I will help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. 
… God’s promise to lift us up when we feel weakened.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:9 [ NKJV] … 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
… Paul shows fellow Christians that we can rely on God’s grace, thru Christ, to give us His strength when we feel weak.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:13 [NKJV] … 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 
… If we believe in God’s truth, we can be strengthened by our relationship with Christ when we feel weakened.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, uses a very relatable story of a young woman challenged and bullied by social media and how she relied on God’s truth and grace to be a warrior. … The ODB author wrote: Eighteen-year-old Emma faithfully talks about Jesus on social media, even though bullies have criticized her joy and enthusiastic love for Christ. Some have attacked her with remarks about her physical appearance. Others have suggested a lack of intelligence because of her devotion to God. Though the unkind words cut deep into Emma’s heart, she continues to spread the gospel with bold faith and love for Jesus and others. Sometimes, though, she’s tempted to believe her identity and worth are determined by the criticism of others. When that happens, she asks God for help, prays for her persecutors, meditates on the words of Scripture, and perseveres with Spirit-empowered courage and confidence. 

Many can probably relate to Emma’s story in today’s ODB entry; and the author went on to a biblical example of a frightened and intimidated Gideon (see photo and highlight passage), who was confronted by an angel of God, who called Gideon God’s “mighty warrior.” Gideon, like Emma in the ODB story, had trouble believing in the truth of what the angel proclaimed. But ultimately, if one reads on in Judges, Chapters 6-7, Gideon was lifted up to become God’s mighty warrior after all.

I think we all feel fearful and intimidated by the world at times, don’t we? But like Gideon - and Emma - we can become warriors for God’s kingdom, if we have faith in God’s word; and His desire to give us His strength and empowering grace when we feel weakened.

That’s why, believing whole-heartedly in God’s word, I have memorized and internalized the reference scriptures above. And when I’m feeling anything but a warrior, I stop and pray the words of those verses above; asking God to give me His grace to become a warrior for Him.

And I pray today that any reading here COMPLETELY believe in the truth of God’s promises and have verses like those above to pray back to God, letting the Lord give us His empowering grace as Laura Story and Steven Curtis Chapman sing in the linked songs above.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for ALWAYS lifting me up when I need Your strength to cover my weakness.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me be believe in and pray to God His promises to lift us up with His strength when we’re feeling weak. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: