Tuesday, October 29, 2019

October 29, 2019 … Dark Road Ahead

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 302 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and song from Clay Crosse, Bob Carlisle, and Bebe Winans singing I Will Follow Christ ... powerfully singing of how we Christians must be committed to following Christ down the roads of life … no matter how dark they may be.

The Roads of Life - Often Dark and Foreboding 
=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Isaiah 42:16 [NKJV] ... 16  I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, And crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, And not forsake them. 
… We have to trust that God will fulfill this promise in our lives.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Isaiah 42:10-17 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God, thru Isaiah, promises to show us the way - HIS way - down the paths of life. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:105 [NKJV] … 105  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 
… God gives us His word to light the dark roads ahead.

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NKJV] … 5  Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 6  In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. 
… Solomon shows us the way to travel the roads of life … to trust that God will ALWAYS be there to guide us.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 28:20b [NKJV] … 20 … and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
… Jesus promises His presence in leading us down the dark roads of life … so why not follow Him?

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5b [NKJV] … 5 … For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 
… God’s promise shows us that we can ALWAYS trust Him to be with us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, David H Roper, uses a personal experience to illustrate that we need to trust God when we have to drive down the dark roads ahead in life. … The ODB author wrote: People ask me if I have a five-year plan. How can I plan five years “down the road” on a road I’ve never traveled? [see photo] 
I think back to the 1960s when I was a minister to students at Stanford University. I’d been a physical education major in college and had a lot of fun, but I left no record of being a scholar. I felt wholly inadequate in my new position. Most days I wandered around the campus, a blind man groping in the darkness, asking God to show me what to do. One day a student “out of the blue” asked me to lead a Bible study in his fraternity. It was a beginning. 

I think we’d all agree that some of the roads that we’ll travel in life are going to be dark (see photo), … maybe even scary. But if we know and believe in the truths espoused by God’s word [see above], we should be able to do what the linked song sings … and that is, … follow Christ since He has promised us to be with us - ALWAYS - and to light up our paths, especially by His word.

The question is … do we believe His promises; and will we follow Him down the dark roads of life? … Good question; … and I’m praying we do trust Him and follow Him … no matter what!! 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for promise to shine a light of truth on our paths ahead.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to trust that God’s word will light up the dark roads ahead. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: