Thursday, October 24, 2019

October 24, 2019 … He Touched Me

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 297 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from the Gaither Vocal singing the classic Gaither song He Touched Me ... poignantly singing of God’s healing and restoring touch of grace for those who need his love and mercy.

God reaches out to touch us with His word ... 

==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Revelation 1:17 [NKJV] ... 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. …” 
… In John’s revelation, he is lifted up by God’s touch.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Revelation 1:9-18 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God gives the Apostle John a touch of His revelation to write down for others to read and believe. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [NKJV] … 10  Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, … I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ 
… We need not fear because God’s hand is always there with His touch of grace to lift us up.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 11:28-30 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus invites His disciples to let Him help us carry our burdens

Reference Passage : … Acts 9:1-9 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… A lost and angry Saul of Tarsus experiences Jesus’ touch of saving grace on the road to Damascus.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author,Tim Gustafson, uses a personal story to illustrate how a simple touch of encouragement can bolster a fellow believer's confidence. … The ODB author wrote: It was just a touch, but it made all the difference to Colin. As his small team was preparing to do charitable work in a region known for hostility to believers in Jesus, his stress level began to rise. When he shared his worries with a teammate, his friend stopped, placed his hand on his shoulder, and shared a few encouraging words with him. Colin now looks back on that brief touch as a turning point, a powerful reminder of the simple truth that God was with him. 

Many years ago, I was an angry persecutor of Christians, … an angry athesist, … lost and alone on the road of life, … much like the Apostle Paul who encountered Jesus on that road to Damascus (see Acts 9). And then one day, God’s Spirit felled me [too long a story for now]; and His saving touch of grace saved me thru His word. And here I am now, a FORMER angry atheist, who was touched by God’s grace to become and Ordained Minister of the Gospel.

The Apostle John certainly experienced a wondrous touch of revelation from God in his later years (see highlight passage), didn’t he? And there are many stories in God’s word, Old and New Testaments, which show how God is willing - and most certainly able - to reach down to those who believe on His saving grace and lift them (us) up [see Isaiah 41:10]. That’s why you find me here - every morning - seeking out God’s touch of grace from His word (see photo).

And all any of us have to do is be willing to receive His touch of saving and sanctifying grace, … that touch of truth we read about in His word, … so that He can transform us into being a a more effective servant follower of the Living God.

Now wouldn’t you agree … that’s a touch any of us can use more of?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for Your ever available touch of grace.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will respond in faith when our Lord reaches out to touch us with His grace. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: