Saturday, October 05, 2019

October 5, 2019 … Fearless In Battle

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 278 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Mia Fieldes singing Fearless ... poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, can march into battle, just as David did against Goliath, … FEARLESS.

David refuses King Saul's armor to go against Goliath

==============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1Samuel 17:37 [NKJV] ... 37 Moreover David said, “The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” 
… All David needed to go to battle against Goliath was his faith in God who had delivered him in the past from bears/lions.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1Samuel 17:34-39 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Young David’s confidence against Goliath was his trust in God’s to deliver him … not to wear King Saul’s armor.
==============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… We can ALWAYS trust God to lead us into battle, … as long as we don’t try to lean on our own understanding of our daily battles.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 18:20b [NKJV] ... 20 … and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 
 … Jesus’ promise to be with us ALWAYS should be enough for us to be strong in battle against the Goliaths of life.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 12:9 [NKJV] ... 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
… Jesus’ promise to Paul (and to us) shows His enabling grace to be sufficient for any trial or “Goliath” we face in life.

Reference Passage : … 2Peter 1:2-4 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK … 
… God, thru Peter, shows us that God has given us all the power we need, in our relationship with Christ, to do battle in this life. 

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, John Blase, uses a personal story to illustrate how we can often wane in confidence in battling the “Goliaths” of llife. … The ODB author wrote: As a young writer I was often unsure of myself when I was in writing workshops. I would look around and see rooms filled with giants, if you will—people with formal training or years of experience. I had neither. But what I did have was an ear formed by the language and tone and cadences of the King James Version of the Bible. It was very much my armor, so to speak, what I was used to, and allowing it to inform my writing style and voice has become a joy to me, and I hope to others. 

And then the ODB author used the story of the young shepherd boy, David, who fearlessly volunteered to go against Goliath, … refusing King Saul’s armor, [see highlight passage] but having confidence in doing battle with only his shepherd’s battle gear … a few stones and a sling, … knowing that His God would deliver him as His Lord had done in the past against bears and lions.

We often come up against “Goliaths” in our life, which (or who) can be fearful. However, … if our relationship and trust in Christ is strong, like it was with young David, we should know (thru the truths from God’s word above) that we can go into battle - even today - trusting in God and knowing that we have all the power we need to defeat any “Goliath,’ … for God’s glory.

So, as Mia Fieldes sings in the linked song, let’s go out and do battle FEARLESSLY in Christ’s name today … and for His glory.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for ALWAYS giving me all the armament I will need to do battle against the “Goliaths” of the world today.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, with the faith of a David, … to go into battle today against any “Goliath” I may face. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: