Saturday, November 16, 2019

November 16, 2019 … Let Go - Let God!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 320 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from the group Third Day singing their arrangement of the old hymn … Blessed Assurance … powerfully singing of how we, as Christians, need live our lives … trusting that God will never leave us, no forsake us.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Deuteronomy 31:8 [NKJV] ... 8 “… Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.” 
… God, thru Moses, exhorts and encourages Joshua to know that God would go ahead of him in leading God’s people into the Promised Land.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Deuteronomy 31:1-8 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… As Moses is about to die, God charges Moses to transfer the leadership of God’s people being led into the promised land to follow Joshua.
==============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Solomon, commands that we trust our Lord, … NO MATTER WHAT!!

Reference Passage : … Matthew 28:20b [NLT] … 20 … And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 
… Jesus Himself promises His true followers (i.e., disciples) that He will be with us ALWAYS as we carry out His great commission.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5b NLT] … 5 … For God has said, “I will never fail you; … I will never abandon you.” 
… God, to Christians by the Author of Hebrews, assures us, repeating what He had promised His people in Deut 31:8, … that He would never leave us, nor forsake us.

Reference Passage : … Revelation 21:1-4 NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… When John sees the New Jerusalem, he sees, and we can trust, that God is with those who’ve received God, the Son, as Lord and Savior. He WILL BE with us in glory.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Adam Holz, uses a personal story to illustrate how we, as Christians, must learn to trust God . ALWAYS! … The ODB author wrote: “Dad! Where are you?” 
I was pulling into our driveway when my daughter, panicking, called me on my cell phone. I’d needed to be home by 6:00 to get her to play practice; I was on time. My daughter’s voice, however, betrayed her lack of trust. Reflexively, I responded: “I’m here. Why don’t you trust me?” 
But as I spoke those words, I wondered, How often could my heavenly Father ask that of me? In stressful moments, I too am impatient. I too struggle to trust, to believe God will keep His promises. So I cry out: “Father, where are you?” 

Are we willing to LET GO … an LET GOD?! [see photo]   

In other words are we willing to trust our Lord that He will lead us in life, … trusting COMPLETELY that He is leading us to His promised land in glory. Because if we do, … i.e., genuinely trust our God, … He has promised (see Scriptures above) to be with us always and lead us into the New Jerusalem.

But do we trust Him?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for Your promise of leading me (us) to be with you in glory.
=============
 
My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to let go and LET GOD! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: