Monday, November 04, 2019

November 4, 2019 … Protected by the Lion

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 308 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ... Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from the group Mercy Me sining their song … Even If … powerfully singing of our Lord’s protection as the Lion of Judah when we get into impossible circumstances.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Zephaniah 3: 15 [NKJV] ... 15  The Lord has taken away your judgments, He has cast out your enemy. The King of Israel, the Lord, is in your midst; You shall see disaster no more. 
… God’s promise to His people to ALWAYS be there for their [our] protection.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Zephaniah 3:9-17 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God promise, thru the Prophet, to always be there for His remnant of believers. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [ NKJV] … 10  So do not fear, for I am with you; be not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; … yes, I will help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. 
… God’s promise to lift us up when we perceive danger.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:9 [ NKJV] … 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
… Paul shows us Jesus’ promise to give us His strength when we feel weak or overwhelmed.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5-6 [ NKJV] … USE THIS LINK …
...  God’s promise is to NEVER leave us or forsake us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Winn Collier, uses a true story of victory over fears to illustrate how we can depend on the Lion of Judah for our protection. … The ODB author wrote: When the Ethiopian police found her a week after her abduction, three black-maned lions surrounded her, guarding her as though she were their own. Seven men had kidnapped the twelve-year-old girl, carried her into the woods and beaten her. Miraculously, however, a small pride of lions heard the girl’s cries, came running and chased off the attackers. “[The lions] stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest,” police Sergeant Wondimu told one reporter. 

As the group Mercy Me sings in the linked song, we will all likely experience times when we feel fearful, or even overwhelmed, by life’s circumstances just as the young girl must’ve felt in the ODB story. But if readers believe, as I do, then we know - from God’s own promises (see Scriptures above) that our God, … The Lion of Judah, … our King Jesus (see photo), … we can always draw on God’s enabling grace to lift us up when we feel weak or fearful.

So, … if any reader is experiencing worry or fear today, … maybe even feeling overwhelmed, … take heart; … our Lord, the Lion of Judah, is ALWAYS with us and will either bring us thru today or bring us to be with Him in glory.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for Your power as the Lion of Judah to lift us up and protect us as Your children of faith.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to walk in the protection of King Jesus, … the Lion of Judah!! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: