Thursday, November 28, 2019

November 28, 2019 … Thank You, Lord!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 332 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Don Moen singing … Thank You, Lord … expressing his thanks to God in song.

Post Interview - Bread-n-butter notes 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 9:1 [ESV] ... 1  I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. 
… David gives thanks for all the wonderful things God has done for God’s people. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 9:1-2, 7-10 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… King David, the Psalmist, gives thanks and praise in song for the joy he’s received from the Lord. 
==============

Reference Passage : …Psalm 63:1-4 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… Again David expresses his thanks to God in sing, expressing how much his heart searches for a deep relationship with the Lord.

Reference Passage : …Psalm 100:4-5 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist expresses what should be the attitude of all believers coming to God and that is an attitude of thanksgiving.

Reference Passage : … John 14:21 [NLT] … 21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” 
… Jesus states clearly that we express our thanks/love to God by obeying Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, uses a personal story to illustrate how we need to express our thanks to others who consider or care for us in life. … The ODB author wrote: In preparation for Xavier’s first job interview, my husband, Alan, handed our son a pack of thank-you cards for him to send out after he met with prospective employers. He then pretended to be a hiring interviewer, using his decades of experience as a manager to ask Xavier questions. After the role-playing, our son tucked several copies of his resume into a folder. He smiled when Alan reminded him about the cards. “I know,” he said. “A sincere thank-you note will set me apart from all the other applicants.” [see photo] 

At a very young age my mother taught me age to write, what she called, “bread-n-butter” notes, … i.e., hand-written notes, … thanking someone when they had done something positive for me in life. These days I still try to remember to do it, likely using email or social media; … but the sentiment of thankfulness hopefully is conveyed.

In the Bible quite a few of the Psalms are hand-written and poetic “bread-n-butter” notes; … very personal notes of thankfulness to God … from psalmists like King David, who felt the need to praise and/or thank God often for His goodness, His faithfulness, and His love.

And everyday when I arise in the morning, I pray from a few of the Psalms, and one of them is cited above (see Ps. 63:1-4), … expressing my personal desire to show my thanks and praise to my God for another day that I might show my love for Him by seeking a deeper and more abiding relationship with Him.

Perhaps, … on this Thanksgiving Day, … we all need to lift up a very personal “bread-n-butter” note of thanks to our God. … And tomorrow too; … and the day after that!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for giving me another day to show my thanks to You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to express our deep praise and thankfulness for God’s love and grace which sustains us in life.

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: