Thursday, November 21, 2019

November 21, 2019 … Carried By Faith

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 325 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  lease take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Brian Free and the group Assurance singing … He Will Carry You … poignantly singing of how there is no problem in our lives which God cannot help us with or carry us thru.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Matthew 11:28 [NKJV] ... 28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. …” 
… Jesus invites us to let Him help us carry the burdens of life.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Matthew 11:28-30 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Jesus declares His ability to help us carry the burdens in life.
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 55:22 [NLT] … 22  Give your burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. 
… God graciously invites His called ones to let Him help us carry the burdens we have.

Reference Passage : … John 14:1 [NLT] …  1 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.  
… Jesus invites His disciples (and that’s you and me too!) to not worry and trust COMPLETELY in Him.

Reference Passage : … 1Corinthians 10:13 [NLT] … 13 The temptations [also translated “trials, tests, or troubles”] in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 
… God, thru Paul, helps us realize that there’s no trial in life which God cannot lead or carry us thru.

Reference Passage : …1 Peter 5:7 [NLT] … 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. 
… God, thru Peter, invites us to bring ALL our cares to Him since He cares for us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Elisa Morgan, uses a personal reflection to show us that we all will face challenges in life which overwhelm us; and when we do, we need to take them to our Lord. … The ODB author wrote: I awoke to pitch darkness. I hadn’t slept more than thirty minutes and my heart sensed that sleep wouldn’t return soon. A friend’s husband lay in the hospital, having received the dreaded news, “The cancer is back—in the brain and spine now.” My whole being hurt for my friends. What a heavy load! And yet, somehow my spirit was lifted through my sacred vigil of prayer. You might say I felt beautifully burdened for them. How could this be? 

I know we’ve all had - or now have - burdens or challenges in life which we simply cannot handle on our own. So, unfortunately in our human nature, we feel like we should be able to do what it takes - in our own strength; but we know that there are some temptations or trials in life which are just too burdensome for us to handle.

So, … if you’ve taken in the linked song and the scriptures above; and you believe, as I do, that we have a Lord, our Messiah, Who is not only capable; but is willing to be there for us, … to give us His strength when we’re not strong enough, … and to be there to help us carry our burdens when they’re too heavy.

So, … how about it dear ones … how about we take Him up on His offer to yoke us to Himself and to lift us up today. I’m go! … How about you?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for being there for us when things get to heavy to carry the load.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to yoke ourselves to You, God, when things get too heavy for us. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: