Sunday, January 22, 2023

January 22, 2023 … Reach Out For Help …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 22 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Don Moen singing  God Will Make A Way … poignantly singing of how we Christians can look to God to show us the way in life when things seem so difficult in life. 



==============        

Highlight Passage: …  Psalm 18:16 [NLT] …  

16 He reached down from heaven and rescued me; He drew me out of deep waters.   

… David thankfully recognizes God’s hand in rescuing him from the “deep waters” of defeat in life.          


Highlight Passage (Context): … Psalm 18:15-19 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… King David acknowledges the hand of God rescuing him in his ties of trouble.                          

===============                                                                     .                                                                                                              

Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Solomon shows believers that we must be wiling to humbly trust the Lord with ALL our heart before will lead us in life. 


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 40:31, 41;10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God promises, thru Isaiah, to give strength and help to His people, especially in their (our) times of trouble.   

                

Reference Passage: … John 16:33 [NLT] … 

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”    

… Jesus shows His Disciples in the upper room [and us now] how He - our LORD - has overcome all the woes and troubles we have faced (and will face) in this world. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 8:28-31 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul exhorts and encourages fellow Christians to humbly remember that all things in our lives  are for our good and for God’s glory as born-again believers.      


Reference Passage: … James 4:10 [NLT] … </b>

10 Humble yourselves before the LORD, and He will lift you up in honor    

… James shows fellow Christians that we must be willing to humbly and thankfully come to God for help in times of trouble before the Lord will lift us up.   

                                                                  

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kimya Loder … AT THIS LINK   writes about Bonnie Gray, a blogger, who related remembering and turning to her faith in Christ, when feeling oppressed by depression and panic attacks.  The blogger reports finding strength in the solace of her faith, writing, …  “I hadn’t wanted anyone to question my faith, so I kept quiet and prayed that my depression would go away. But God wants to heal us, not shame us or make us hide from our pain.”


I couldn’t be certain, but some of those reading with me here may be facing a difficult way in life right how; and I’m stopping to pray right now that we ALL remember that our King Jesus, Himself, (above in John 16:33) has promised to overcome those things in this world which seem to be overwhelming.  And if my fellow Christians will take in and believe the linked song and the Scriptures above, our God will truly make a way where there seems to be no way.  And so, I’m praying we follow it!              

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for showing me THE way - Your way, Lord - to go today.     

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to follow Your way again today, Lord.      Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: